Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm a SAHM who keeps a messy house

Posted by on May. 28, 2012 at 1:37 PM
  • 129 Replies
2 moms liked this

I'm not lazy, but I have decided that's not what I want to put my energy into.  I spend a lot of time with my toddler.  I make many of our meals fresh daily, breakfast, lunch, dinner and his 3 snacks.  I exercise and I make time to sleep at least 7 hours a day.  What is messy?  It's relative.  When I watch Hoarders, I feel very neat, but if I go to my friend's homes where everything is dusted and mopped daily and everything is in their place I feel like a failure and like people must be grossed out by my house.  How is your house?

by on May. 28, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 28, 2012 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't feel bad... some of us just have a bad case of OCD lol.

FL2AK
by on May. 28, 2012 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this
My house is very clean. It really doesn't take much time to keep it clean. I work full time and spend plenty of quality time with my kids. I think I can spare 20 minutes a day to pick up. My kids have chores too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sonnyswoman75
by Malisa on May. 28, 2012 at 1:40 PM
4 moms liked this
As long as its liveable and safe its all good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommavieve
by on May. 28, 2012 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a FT working mom, so my house is messy 99% of the time. I feel like poop when I go to a friend's house and the apologize for the "mess" when there's only like one dirty dish in the sink. Oh well. Working 40+ hours doesn't give me much time to clean and hang out with the kids. That's my excuse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sPiCyNiNjAkItTy
by on May. 28, 2012 at 1:40 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm just like you. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 28, 2012 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this
We want pics!
Audreysmommy123
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2012 at 1:41 PM
I try my hardest to keep a clean house but it doesnt usually work now that its summer time ill be watching 4 extra along with my 3..theres sand and dirt everywhere from the park. i sweep atleast twice a day my 1 and 2 year old think its hilarious to throw all their food on the floor..laundry is ridiculous in my house..i refuse to put sheets on my 1 years olds mattress because he pees through his diaper everysingle night. my bathrooms are probably the cleanest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beautiful31mom
by on May. 28, 2012 at 1:42 PM
2 moms liked this

ok, I am a SAHM and I keep a clean house.Imo, I can do both spend plenty of time with my family and keep a clean home. IMO, it is my job to keep a clean and safe environment for my family. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 28, 2012 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd rather take the little bit of time to keep it clean. The house just functions better that way. And I'm a firm believer that clutter and mess causes stress to children.
cmeeso
by on May. 28, 2012 at 1:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Clean! Just sweeped, vaccuumed, and mopped!

I have my days. But usually the mess accumulated takes no more than 5 minutes to clean.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)