Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I almost spanked a strangers kid.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
We were out shopping and DD wouldn't stop playing with this bin of marbles. I was afraid she was going to take some so I told her no. We went to look at something else and I hear what I thought(I swear it was) was DD and I heard the marbles. I went over there reached down to spank her and realized this isnt my kid...I stopped turned around and walked away. I was so embarrassed, her dad was standing right there.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 28, 2012 at 5:34 PM
Replies (131-140):
kam2010
by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:05 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

so, your first reflex is to hit?????  

It CLEARLY states above that her first "reflex" was telling her no. She flat out disobeyed and get a swat on her hand or behind wouldn't have killed her.

tracylynnr67
by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I have had strangers mistake my sons for their children and tell them to stop, move their hand from something, etc. (never almost spank) because they thought it was their child (and I have done the same thing). It happens. You have a few kids around and you just see the size and maybe the same colr clothing and think it's your child. If someone had mistakenly popped one of my kids on the butt, and they were misbehaving, I wouldn't have been angry at all and would have most likely used it as a chnace to point out to my kids that they were being so bad that someone felt the need to discipline them.  I did whenever they got yelled at by someone who thought that they were their child. And whenever I did it, the parent was always understanding. Of course my sons are all older (20's) and things were different when they were little.

Hesmynavyman
by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:09 PM

LOL Oh noo, haha well at least u thought it was your kid but wasn't! Good story hahaha :) Sounds like something I would do.

mylilprincesses
by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Lmbo!!

tracylynnr67
by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Am I the only one who thinks it's alarming that you were going to spank your child for playing with marbles? I mean, really? Is that necessary?

She was in a store, not at home or in a play setting. Why would anyone allow their child to play with anything in a store? Do you randomly allow your child/children to play with things at the store? It's a store, not a playground for Heaven's sake. My children knew the rules, they NEVER touched balls, bikes, marbles, anything, in a store setting. It wasn't there's to touch! If I told them once to NOT touch something then the 2nd time they did so they got spanked. It did not have a negative impact on my children at all.

scaryspider
by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Wow i don't no how many kids i start to do that lol

Quoting ajohnson08099:

Aww thats funny. Good thing you didn't really.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcm28
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2012 at 6:34 PM

omg lmao I am laughing because I can see my self doing the samething.

disneymom2two
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Quoting tracylynnr67:

If someone had mistakenly popped one of my kids on the butt, and they were misbehaving, I wouldn't have been angry at all and would have most likely used it as a chnace to point out to my kids that they were being so bad that someone felt the need to discipline them. 

What if what the child was doing wasn't something you felt was wrong?  Personally, I don't worry about my children stealing so playing with some marbles wouldn't bother me.  They frequently play with the polished stones that are in a large bucket when we go to gift shops; they feel good going through your fingers but they know better than to take something that isn't theirs.  If someone hit my child, there'd be hell to pay.  If you're that quick to spank its based on emotion.

Rach0307
by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Lol, that would be pretty embarassing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prettymama0709
by on May. 29, 2012 at 6:38 PM

just what i was thinking except you didnt say it like my daughter she says accidentally on purpose lol

Quoting babyboy117:

Wow. I might have accidently punched you in your face if it were my child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN