Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think of a soldier who...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Has been serving our country for the last 9 yrs, is 28 yrs old, and has no clue when veterans day is?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 28, 2012 at 7:38 PM
Replies (81-86):
beerebelly
by on May. 28, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Oh I see. How long as he been in so far?

Quoting Anonymous:

Only a 1LT and XO of his company but at the time he goes only his commander will be higher than him....from our state that is...our BC isn't deploying....oh and he will make Captain while over seas

Quoting beerebelly:

Quoting Anonymous:

nothing lol...my husband hasn't been servin that long but hes the highest ranking soldier deploying from our state to afghanistan (during his deployment) and he probably doesnt know when it is 

Huh?  What rank is he then?

ICPclwnLOV
by on May. 28, 2012 at 8:42 PM
Nothing. He/she is still a hero in my eyes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 28, 2012 at 8:43 PM

He gets some credit for ROTC so I think right now it counts as 4 years but I could be wrong on that

Quoting beerebelly:

Oh I see. How long as he been in so far?

Quoting Anonymous:

Only a 1LT and XO of his company but at the time he goes only his commander will be higher than him....from our state that is...our BC isn't deploying....oh and he will make Captain while over seas

Quoting beerebelly:

Quoting Anonymous:

nothing lol...my husband hasn't been servin that long but hes the highest ranking soldier deploying from our state to afghanistan (during his deployment) and he probably doesnt know when it is 

Huh?  What rank is he then?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 28, 2012 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe they don't WANT to remember! They did SEE people die, they did LOSE people, gosh! People can be so insensitive!

Quoting beerebelly:

Quoting Anonymous:

PTSD

So if a military member does not know when veterans day is they must have PTSD? lol

armywife009
by Platinum Member on May. 28, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I would think it is a little odd. But maybe he doesn't care to know, it may seem like a bad thing, but maybe he has lost some men of his own and it's hard for him to deal with the holiday? I don't know, that's only a speculation, I would have to know this soldier personally to know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 28, 2012 at 9:09 PM

nothing..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN