Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

C-Section Mamas

Posted by on May. 28, 2012 at 8:58 PM
  • 71 Replies
How long has it been since you have had yours? When did you regain feeling around the area (if you ever did )? And does it hurt during bowel movements?

Also I am trying to work out. But when I do crunches and sit-ups it feels like I am being stabbed, and I can not move without feeling like it is going to rip open afterwards any tips?

Thank you so much for your response!
CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 28, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tuter8911
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:03 PM
I had mine in Sept. 2009 it is still numb. I am pg again with my stomach growing I feel like it is tearing open sometimes. How long has it been for you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChrissyReznor
by Platinum Member on May. 28, 2012 at 9:04 PM

my first the feeling didn't come back.after the second one only half of the feeling came back and its been 3 years.i have no problems pooping.and if it still hurts when u do crunches perhaps its still to soon because u must not be all healed.

heather.marie08
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:06 PM
I have had 3 the last was in April of 2011 and my scar is usually numb about 75% of the time.

No problems with bowel movements though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on May. 28, 2012 at 9:08 PM
i've had 3. my most recent 4 months ago. never got the numbness to go away (even between csection). no problems with bowel movements, although when i had gas right after it did hurt my belly really bad. when did you have your csection?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nunyabusiness
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:08 PM
December 2009 and it's still numb and it's very tender where I had an abcess that needed to be reopened and drained. Did they give you colace to help with bowel movements?
brightonsmom12
Quoting tuter8911:

I had mine in Sept. 2009 it is still numb. I am pg again with my stomach growing I feel like it is tearing open sometimes. How long has it been for you?

Around 5 1/5 months. I can kind of feel around half of it, but not the other side at all. The numbness is about three inches or more from the scar or more.
safi
Ive had 3- 2003, 2007, 2010.. The area is basically normal again almost 2 years out, but it is a little bit numb to pinching etc. Of course immediately afterwards its not very comfortable to have a bm or really anything else requiring movement or strain lol but it gets better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brightonsmom12
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:09 PM
Quoting proudmommy690:

i've had 3. my most recent 4 months ago. never got the numbness to go away (even between csection). no problems with bowel movements, although when i had gas right after it did hurt my belly really bad. when did you have your csection?

December 22nd, I did not have much gas with mine though.
Rileyscute
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:10 PM

I had one in 2003 with my twins..I don't think I ever lost feeling..it hurt forever though.

brightonsmom12
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:12 PM
Quoting Nunyabusiness:

December 2009 and it's still numb and it's very tender where I had an abcess that needed to be reopened and drained. Did they give you colace to help with bowel movements?

The only medicine I received in the hospital were pain medicine, antibiotics, heart medicine, and iron pills.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)