Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You know you live in.....

Posted by   + Show Post
These are funny. So forgive me for beating the horse.

I hear so many "you know you're from Michigan if..." And I want to hear the ones from other states.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:35 PM
Replies (81-90):
Virgo.Mama
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2012 at 3:11 AM
Yep, double guilty!!

Quoting bremery:

You know you're a native coloradoan when you still call invesco field "mile high"

You know you're a native colorodoan when you call six flags elitches. Although, they changed the name back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaDavies
by on May. 29, 2012 at 3:12 AM
Ha ha that is awesome! Nothing like that here in Utah. That is so cool!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nikki286
by Tosya on May. 29, 2012 at 3:22 AM

Mile high will always be mile high no matter what the damn name is lol and its not even invesco anymore its sports authority field but yeah native colorad peeps will always say mile high and natives will know its where the broncos play duh.. and elitches yeah ... i get weird looks when i say both those things  its funny cause im like dang transplants dont know nothing...

Quoting Virgo.Mama:

Yep, double guilty!!

Quoting bremery:

You know you're a native coloradoan when you still call invesco field "mile high"

You know you're a native colorodoan when you call six flags elitches. Although, they changed the name back.

Nikki286
by Tosya on May. 29, 2012 at 3:51 AM

you know you're from colorado when:

you've never seen the tourist attractions in your own city

You personally wouldn't pay $10 per head to drive up Pikes Peak unless it was the only mountain on earth, but you tell all our house-guests to do it

April showers bring May blizzards.

You never pack away your coat and sweaters.

If it snows in the morning you expect it to be gone by lunchtime

When you aren't in Colorado, you no longer know which direction is which, because you can't see the mountains.( and i have actually gotten lost because of this when i first moved to iowa for school and missouri with my dd's dad )

you can recognize an out of towner when you see them driving the wrong way on a one way! and yes this is true even if they have colorado plates  lol they had either just moved here or borrowed a families car 

you're not surprised when another native tells you that they don't like to ski

you'' wear flip flops every day of the year regardless of temperature ( this is so my mother )

a bear falling from a tree in someones yard is not unusual

You know that all the bad drivers come from California and Texas. Yeah. That's the problem.( and yeah a lot of the natives blame the all the bad drivers on trasplants)

santa's workshop isn't just at the north pole

it has rained or snowed where there is only those thin wispy clouds but not directly over head   and you dont think anything of it... 

you know that it is possible for an awuarium to have tigers

bikers are everywhere ( and i mean bikes not motorcycles although those come out during warmer weather and sometimes in snow)]

opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2012 at 3:52 AM
1 mom liked this

you know your from oklahoma when the tornado sirens go off and you go out on your porch to look for it instead of taking shelter

Mrs.Worthen
by on May. 29, 2012 at 3:55 AM
1 mom liked this
You know you're from Utah when you drive 80 down the freeway and all the cars are passing you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
T-HoneyLuv
by on May. 29, 2012 at 4:02 AM
2 moms liked this
You know you are from NYC when you can do all your shopping on the sidewalk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on May. 29, 2012 at 4:05 AM

Quoting 1boy1girlmama:

You knwo your from Oregon when you know what a 'Sun break' is

lol oregonian here

jellybean2012
by on May. 29, 2012 at 4:16 AM
You know your from indiana when your neighbor has more rusty non working cars then working cars.
A_Zmom
by on May. 29, 2012 at 4:36 AM
I'm from MN and I have never even heard of those places. Are they suburbs of the cities?

Quoting jbbrom:

you know your from minnesota when you can say Wayzata, Mahtomedi, Fairbault, and Edina and know where they are. and that there are 15,000 lakes not 10,000!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN