Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The Thing I Hate About Stretchmarks!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies

It's not the fact you have them, nor the fact that you think you are special.

By saying things like 'be proud of your battle scars' it makes those of us without stretchmarks fell like less of a parent/ made less effort when we had a child. What can we say? Hmmm. 

It annoys me too no end. I wish I had earned tiger stripes, but I didn't, but I still gave birth, so why am I not worthy when a stretchmarked mother is?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 28, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heathermarie23
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM
8 moms liked this

Uh... it's just a way to make them feel comfortable with their stretch marks.... just be glad you don't have any!  If people would quit trying to compete with each other, life would be much better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 28, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I don't see it as a competition, I simply see it as disrespectful to those without stretchmarks! I have them on my boobs, bum and hips, but I don't get to wear them as marks of honor, so why should someone else?

Quoting heathermarie23:

Uh... it's just a way to make them feel comfortable with their stretch marks.... just be glad you don't have any!  If people would quit trying to compete with each other, life would be much better.

zianneaaliyah
by 4ever LMFAO on May. 28, 2012 at 9:43 PM
3 moms liked this

Does anyone think your non stretched marked body is trashy or gross?

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on May. 28, 2012 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I have plenty! If any one wants them I'd be more then happy to give every last one away :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cillaluvsmali
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2012 at 9:44 PM
6 moms liked this
Stfu, u wish u had more stretch marks? Stfu
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laurenb1
by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:46 PM
No you are lucky if you don't have them but those who weren't so lucky want to find some good in their stretch marks so they call it battle wounds. I compared them to maters dents in one post. I have none on my belly, some tiny ones on my thighs and a bunch on my boobs but they are easily covered with makeup
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
triforcechick
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2012 at 9:46 PM
My stomach looks like Wolverine shredded it. I gained exactly 12 pounds with my pregnancy. DS weighed 8lbs 2oz and was 22.5" long. Sometimes big babies = lots of stretch marks unfortunately. I'll gladly share some of mine with you :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nebraskamamaof2
by Chuck on May. 28, 2012 at 9:46 PM
You can have mine. I have plenty to go around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 28, 2012 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this

IS IT STRETCH MARK DAY NOW? I MUST HAVE MISSED THE MEMO

Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on May. 28, 2012 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, I don't feel that way at all. As a stretch mark free mama, I am glad I don't have any!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)