Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hope this wasn't you this weekend...

Posted by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:02 PM
  • 52 Replies
3 moms liked this

This is me, with my youngest ds visiting my daddy for the holiday.  Please, don't take your loved ones for granted.  If you have an estranged relationship with a family member right now, please heal it.  Luckily, my relationship with my daddy was amazing, but I can't imagine not having that relationship. Life is so short.  He went in the hospital 7 weeks before passing away, but just 2 weeks after we finally got the diagnosis.  It will be one year on June 7 since I lost my best friend in the whole wide world.  I hope you didn't have to visit those closest to you this holiday this way.  On the way home (3 hrs), "Daddy's Hands" came on the radio, and I had to pull over and let my ds16 drive. 

I'm divorced mommy of three and there are no "baby daddies". I'm a staunch right wing republican and a professional cosmetologist (hair, nails, makeup etc) working my tail off to make my own way in this world. I breastfed my kids and rewarded myself with a boob job to put back what the breastfeeding fairy took away. I believe in tough love, rules, boundaries, discipline and follow through. My kids do not rule the roost. They say yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes please and no thank you. Because of the values and respect that I've taught them, other people don't mind being around them. I spanked my kids just like my mom spanked me and we've all turned out fine. We're a hard playin', fun lovin' family. This is me, take it or leave it.

by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Not everyone is worth having a relationship with.
AdensMommy1107
by Emerald Member on May. 28, 2012 at 11:06 PM
So sorry for your loss
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Garnet_Iris11
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2012 at 11:06 PM
Hugs Mama, November makes it 6 years since I lost my Father. I've tried my best to reach out to family that I have strayed from, but you can't make someone share in your life if they don't want to. I hold my family dear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tish_Hughes
by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I hear ya.

praisinghim2day
by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:07 PM
2 moms liked this

EVERYONE is worth something.  This is so painful I can't even begin to describe it.  Say what needs to be said.  Good, bad, indifferent, it doesn't matter.  You just never know. 

Quoting Anonymous:

mybabyapples
by Nickels on May. 28, 2012 at 11:07 PM
9 moms liked this
Not the time to state this, I respect your opinion. But have some respect for her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MilfShake26
by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:08 PM
I'm scared for the day I lose a parent. That's a sweet picture.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on May. 28, 2012 at 11:09 PM
2 moms liked this
I spent Saturday morning in the cemetery helping an elderly couple place flags for all the vets buried there. It was lovely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on May. 28, 2012 at 11:09 PM
I agree. My godmother passed away last night. She was like family to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
praisinghim2day
by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Understandable.  But.... (there's that big but again) you can go on with your life knowing that you at least tried.  You did what you could, so you can go on about your life never asking "what if?".  That's all I'm asking of people here.  Luckily, my family is tight.  I understand that not everybody has that... that is the reason for this post.  It's hell.

Quoting Garnet_Iris11:

Hugs Mama, November makes it 6 years since I lost my Father. I've tried my best to reach out to family that I have strayed from, but you can't make someone share in your life if they don't want to. I hold my family dear.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)