Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I hope this wasn't you this weekend...

This is me, with my youngest ds visiting my daddy for the holiday.  Please, don't take your loved ones for granted.  If you have an estranged relationship with a family member right now, please heal it.  Luckily, my relationship with my daddy was amazing, but I can't imagine not having that relationship. Life is so short.  He went in the hospital 7 weeks before passing away, but just 2 weeks after we finally got the diagnosis.  It will be one year on June 7 since I lost my best friend in the whole wide world.  I hope you didn't have to visit those closest to you this holiday this way.  On the way home (3 hrs), "Daddy's Hands" came on the radio, and I had to pull over and let my ds16 drive. 

I'm divorced mommy of three and there are no "baby daddies". I'm a staunch right wing republican and a professional cosmetologist (hair, nails, makeup etc) working my tail off to make my own way in this world. I breastfed my kids and rewarded myself with a boob job to put back what the breastfeeding fairy took away. I believe in tough love, rules, boundaries, discipline and follow through. My kids do not rule the roost. They say yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes please and no thank you. Because of the values and respect that I've taught them, other people don't mind being around them. I spanked my kids just like my mom spanked me and we've all turned out fine. We're a hard playin', fun lovin' family. This is me, take it or leave it.

by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:02 PM
Replies (21-30):
praisinghim2day
by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I have NEVER felt this kind of pain in my life.  It's hell to put it mildly.  Cherish every second you can.  My dad, though he had just turned 70, acted like a 20-something year old.  You never would have known he was sick. It hit hard, it hit fast.  Stage 4 cancer, 2 primary sights (very rare), and nothing came up on ANY annual exams.  He went to the doc 2 weeks after his annual exam for a "kidney infection".  Went in the ER 2 days later with kidney failure.  Then boom.  Come to find out, the kidneys weren't even the real problem.  The tumor in stage 4 on his bladder is what actually cut off kidney function.  Hold on tight, mama.  Tell them every day how much you love them.  This came as such a shock to everybody.

Quoting MilfShake26:

I'm scared for the day I lose a parent. That's a sweet picture.

praisinghim2day
by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Hats off to you, mama.  You have my utmost respect.

Quoting HistoryNutty:

I spent Saturday morning in the cemetery helping an elderly couple place flags for all the vets buried there. It was lovely.

praisinghim2day
by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:17 PM

*hugs*  so sorry for your loss.  I actully lost my godmother one month and one day before my dad.  Completely out of the blue. 

Quoting Aydans_Mommy:

I agree. My godmother passed away last night. She was like family to me.

Vruby04
by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:18 PM
I can't imagine.

Quoting MilfShake26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenni386

its been 19 years since i lost my dad! im so sorry for you loss

Luv.My.Kidz
2 moms liked this
I agree.... There is a time and a place.... Right not is not the time nor the place

Quoting mybabyapples:

Not the time to state this, I respect your opinion. But have some respect for her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not everyone is worth having a relationship with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
praisinghim2day
by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I'm so sorry. :(  As long as you have made an attempt to heal it at some point in time, that's all I ask of anybody.  One just never knows. *Big hugs*  I hope you have peace in your heart.

Quoting doodlebut:

Im so sorry for your loss. Unfortunately my father and I can not have a relationship, its to toxic.

mybabysmama35
by Silver Member on May. 28, 2012 at 11:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad I have a great relationship with my parents. I will be devastated the day either one of them passes away but I will cherish the memories and I will know they passed knowing how much I love them and I will know how much they love me. Hugs to you sweetie.

mom2ljh
by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this
My dad passed away on March 24, 2011. We had an estranged relationship. We were mending it. It was quite unexpected. I'm still heartbroken over a year later.
My mon raised me. She is the world to me. When she goes, I don't know what will happen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MilfShake26
by on May. 28, 2012 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this
My friend was just diagnosed with stage 4 breasted cancer. Shes 32 with 2 small children. She felt a lump and got it checked but figured it was nothing.. then bam.. she was stage 4. Cancer is the devil.

Quoting praisinghim2day:

I have NEVER felt this kind of pain in my life.  It's hell to put it mildly.  Cherish every second you can.  My dad, though he had just turned 70, acted like a 20-something year old.  You never would have known he was sick. It hit hard, it hit fast.  Stage 4 cancer, 2 primary sights (very rare), and nothing came up on ANY annual exams.  He went to the doc 2 weeks after his annual exam for a "kidney infection".  Went in the ER 2 days later with kidney failure.  Then boom.  Come to find out, the kidneys weren't even the real problem.  The tumor in stage 4 on his bladder is what actually cut off kidney function.  Hold on tight, mama.  Tell them every day how much you love them.  This came as such a shock to everybody.

Quoting MilfShake26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN