Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You are a wretched parent if.....

Posted by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:32 AM
  • 47 Replies
15 moms liked this

Wow, am I tired of seeing these posts.....

If your children are fed, you are being a good parent....I don't care if it's breast milk, formula, chicken nuggets or manna from Heaven gently delivered unto your little ones mouths by Angels' hands...It doesn't matter if you have all the money in the world or use FS, if they are fed, you're doing it right...

If your children have a functional home, you are being a good parent....this can be a mansion, a trailer, a suburban track house,a section 8 apartment, a log cabin, a friend or relative's home or even a homeless shelter....if this is the best you can provide at the moment and they are out of the elements and safe, that they have what they need....

If that home is reasonably clean, you're being a good parent...I've seen homes where they were so clean they just didn't seem like people lived there....I've seen homes with so much funk I didn't want to sit on the furniture....Most people's homes fall in the middle where it isn't always - or ever - lovely because of toys on the floor, laundry on the couch and dishes in the sink....but if it's not growing stuff in the corners and your children are bathed and in clean jammies for bed, clean clothes for school and the kitchen isn't a health hazard, you're doing alright....

If you love your children and they know it, you're a good parent....SAHM, working,deployed,unemployed...whether you are involved in every extra cirricular activity or you just don't have the time because of work,illness or your'e just plain worn out...you are a good parent....Your children are secure and happy and know you think they outshine the moon....whether you bake cookies every weekend or sack out on the couch for toon time with them or just gove them that kiss as you go out the door to work, you love them and they need that almost more that all the other things....

Ladies, there are as many way to be a parent as there are parents....Our differences really don't matter, here....And almost every child will grow up to be a functioning, contributing member of society....I don't have to agree with the way you do things, you don't have to agree with me...And I think it would be kinda sad if everyone did things the exact same way....Where would our variety go? Where would our diversity go? If we all could parent the exact same way, well...wouldn't that mean our kids are all they same, too?

True abuse, true neglect, truly not caring about the development of the little hearts and souls given into our care....that makes you a bad parent.....spanking is not beating;beating bruises,batters and requires medical care....Getting your child's clothes at the Good Will or church closet is not neglectful....not getting your child the clothes they need to climate appropriate is....Name calling, cursing them, telling them hateful, hurtful things.....that's abuse....

There's enough going on in the world, there's enough as mother's we need to fight....How much more could we accomplish if we were more supportive of each other? More respectful of each other?

by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 29, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Get used to it.  Unfortunately, small-minded people will always believe that their way is the only way.  It's been like this since back in the old Club Mom days, the previous site run by this same group. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 29, 2012 at 9:36 AM
3 moms liked this

Sadly, the *holier than thou* mothers will not agree with you.

I agree 100% (:

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on May. 29, 2012 at 9:36 AM

If your children are fed, you are being a good parent....I don't care if it's breast milk, formula, chicken nuggets or manna from Heaven gently delivered unto your little ones mouths by Angels' hands...It doesn't matter if you have all the money in the world or use FS, if they are fed, you're doing it right...

I disagree with this one.

shimmifairy
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2012 at 9:41 AM
2 moms liked this

See, this is the wonderful thing....You don't have to agree with me....You just have to do what you think is the best for your kids and let other mom's do what they think best with theirs...

Quoting notjstasocermom:

I disagree with this one.

sunfireprincess
by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

If I see a post like that I try ignore it, unless it is really bad, then I will let them know they are full of the same shit they are spewing out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 29, 2012 at 9:43 AM

THIS

Quoting Anonymous:

Unfortunately, small-minded people will always believe that their way is the only way.  

ZsMommy
by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:45 AM
3 moms liked this

clapping

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on May. 29, 2012 at 9:46 AM
I completely agree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Juanita679
by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:47 AM
agree

SerenaRose3
by on May. 29, 2012 at 9:49 AM
2 moms liked this

My, what big eyes you have.

Quoting ZsMommy

clapping

mommyof3blinkie.gif proud mommy of 3 image by ILuvBobbyNXander
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN