Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How worried should I be? *may be a trigger* Edit

Posted by on May. 29, 2012 at 1:51 PM
  • 71 Replies

Poll

Question: Have you or someone you know been molested or rape by a family member?

Options:

Yes-Myself

Yes-Someone I know

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 128

View Results

I have seen so many stories about people being molested by family member. I honestly didn't know that it happened so much. Here I am thinking all I had to worry about is strangers hurting my kids. It seems like I need to be worried about family also? God Damn what is this world coming to? Any ways, post anon if you have to. I'm just trying to see how worried I should be.

*If you were molested could you tell me who?*

I trust MY family completely. I know that my uncle tried to rape my mother when she was a teen, he ended up in jail most of his life for messing with kids. He lived with us towards the end of his life (he died in our old bedroom) He was much to weak to try anything with us, besides my mother watched him like a freaking hawk around us. I think she got some sort of closure watching him die. Anyways I don't know much about my DH's side of the family. He has never told me of any sexual abuse, but I sometimes worry about his older brother. He is a very nerdy shy guy, he is 22 and a virgin. He makes me sorta uncomfortable. 

by on May. 29, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aydans_Mommy
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2012 at 1:58 PM
I was molested by my uncle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 29, 2012 at 1:58 PM
I know someone that was molested as a child, but it was a family friend.
Tough_Love
by on May. 29, 2012 at 2:12 PM

BUMP!

lady-J-Rock
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2012 at 2:12 PM

More kids are harmed, killed, kidnapped and or molested by family or friends, a trusted coach than a stranger. I don't teach my kids stranger danger I teach them their privates (penis, vagina, vulva, butt and breast) are called privates because it is an area nobody is supposed to see. You keep them to yourself and if anybody touches you or makes you touch them tell me. Feel free to tell me if somebody(anybody) does anything that you don't like.

My birth mother smashed my head into a wall when I was 9 months old, I was placed in a foster home I lived there for 5 years. I was not allowed to leave my bedroom. Was adopted at 5 molested by my uncle. I had a trusted friend in the Army he raped me. All of the horrible things in my life was done by somebody I trusted. I don't trust many people and my kids don't stay with anybody but my (adopted)parents. Not with any of my sisters one doesn't know the meaning of no. She was messing with my daughters hair my daughter told her to stop she thought it was funny to keep messing with her. Cause it got my daughter all upset. HaHa funny. Bullshit we don't visit often.

daiseymae2
by on May. 29, 2012 at 2:14 PM

A friend was molested by her uncle, and her little girl was molested by her great grandpa. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 29, 2012 at 2:15 PM
My female cousin did repeatedly by playing 'house' and also a family friend
Dinimon
by NoCookiesForYou on May. 29, 2012 at 2:16 PM
I think everyone has to be worried now a days, wether its friends or family friends, it seems to stick close.
So far I am not worried about imediate family, I trust everyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kit_manson
by Platinum Member on May. 29, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I was molested by a friend of my dad, raped by an ex, and assaulted sexually by my landlord.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 29, 2012 at 2:17 PM

I was molested by 3 of my family members. My cousin was raped by her uncle. It is sad that you cant even trust family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 29, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Mine was the parent of a friend.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)