Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How worried should I be? *may be a trigger* Edit

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Have you or someone you know been molested or rape by a family member?

Options:

Yes-Myself

Yes-Someone I know

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 128

View Results

I have seen so many stories about people being molested by family member. I honestly didn't know that it happened so much. Here I am thinking all I had to worry about is strangers hurting my kids. It seems like I need to be worried about family also? God Damn what is this world coming to? Any ways, post anon if you have to. I'm just trying to see how worried I should be.

*If you were molested could you tell me who?*

I trust MY family completely. I know that my uncle tried to rape my mother when she was a teen, he ended up in jail most of his life for messing with kids. He lived with us towards the end of his life (he died in our old bedroom) He was much to weak to try anything with us, besides my mother watched him like a freaking hawk around us. I think she got some sort of closure watching him die. Anyways I don't know much about my DH's side of the family. He has never told me of any sexual abuse, but I sometimes worry about his older brother. He is a very nerdy shy guy, he is 22 and a virgin. He makes me sorta uncomfortable. 

by on May. 29, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Replies (71-71):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I was molested by an older cousin. My ex DH was molested by his much older sister.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured