Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm sick i really dont think people care

Posted by   + Show Post
I have H pylori it's a bacteria that lives in in my stomach intestinesa area it it one of the major cause of stomach cancer and it also has given me massive peptic ulcers. I have to go see GI on the first to get scoped to see if there is any cancer and I'm so nerves
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 29, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Replies (21-21):
Mommyofadiva2
by on May. 30, 2012 at 11:04 PM
I had a gallstone stuck between my gallbladder and pancreas

Quoting Tal0n:

Endoscopy goes down your throat.  Not sure how they'd remove a gallstone that way.  A colonoscopy is really no big deal.  Like I said, the worst part is the air you have to pass afterward.  And trust me; I know.  I have severe Ulcerative Colitis with Crohns complications.  My insides look sunburned and are bloody and inflamed.  While it can be scary, a colonoscopy isn't going to hurt much at all.  Just, like I said, remember to ask them to make sure to suck out as much air as possible when they're done.

Quoting Mommyofadiva2:

Colonoscopy I believe my friend told me it will hurt more then I think I have already had a endosopy to have a gallstone removed a couple years ago

Quoting Tal0n:

What kind of scope?  Endoscopy or colonoscopy?  Are they doing a contrast MRI and small bowel study as well?  Hope it all turns out okay!!

(If you can't tell...this is an area I have some...*cough* experience in *cough4colonoscopy'sbefore30cough*.)  If it's a colonoscopy, the prep is a bitch, but make sure you tell the dr to suck as much air out when he's done as he can.  They expect you to pass it, but it's INCREDIBLY painful for me, so my GI's always have me remind them before I go under.  It's scary, but you'll be okay.  :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN