Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Think I'm preggers :/

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I wasn't trying and definitely not preventing. I know if you have sex you may become pregnant... I told dh an he was like idk how that's possible.. I wa like wtf??? We use pull out method so that's just dumb right there, if course I'll keep it I'm just disappointed in myself I wanted to go I nursing school:(
Im 2 days late on my period and have been nauseous, I'm buying a test to take tomorrow morning. Worst part is I was planning on getting mirena a put in, in june. Bleh
ETA: got my period this morning, thank the lord :)
Posted by Anonymous on May. 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Replies (101-108):
stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2012 at 3:08 AM
no i did chreck into a technical school but decided on distance learning community college at north seattle comm collage. it costs a lot less and i really hope its a good program. it is a cwrtificate program that is accredited and everything. there is also a course i could take to just be a receptionist which is way faster...but i really want to have more contact with people...i do have a question...if i work in a hospital would i be wiping butts? lol i believe the course is a year and a half and you work at your own pace. so i could get done faster maybe?

Quoting samara_love33:

Are you taking a 9 month program or what exactly? I took a 9 month program those schools treat u like crap u r just a paycheck to them to the majority of the schools, they throw u out over stupid stuff, I did graduate I can tell you everything you need to know and all the pros and cons of schooling and the field

Quoting stickyfingers:

no i have a degree in graphic design. i have always been very interested in medical stuff and really need a good job with insurance...but no i know pretty much nothing but i am supposed to start school in the fall for MA. what can u tell me?

Quoting samara_love33:

Do you know anything at all about changing a medicine from one form to another? With MA we had to know conversion, clear over cloudy, and so many other things. I'm not LPN but I can give you help with the stuff for a MA

Quoting stickyfingers:

i will look into that. how high of math did you have to go for LPN?

Quoting Anonymous:

Pay is like double! I get paid 24 an hour and with RN you get paid like $40+ an hour. Way worth it. You should think about reconsidering MA from at least LPN it's almost the same thing just a bit more an more pay. I think MA's make about $15 an hour and it's very similar to LPN already

Quoting stickyfingers:

i would love to go to nursing school. i dont think i can do the math tho so i am going for MA. whats the pay differance between LPN and RN?

Quoting Anonymous:

Goodness yes it is, but well worth it!

Quoting stickyfingers:

you can do it. of course it would be hard. i did it while i was breastfeeding my third boy then got pregnant with my daughter. i know nursing school is tough...

Quoting Anonymous:

I know I know! I just want my RN. I am an LPN right now but idk I want more you know?

Quoting stickyfingers:

go to school anyway!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2012 at 8:51 AM
2 moms liked this
I was pregnant and gave birth my first year of law school. I'm still enrolled. Keep following your dream.

Quoting Anonymous:

No it will just be super hard!! An LPN so that's good enough hut I want my RN

Quoting Anonymous:

Being pregnant and/or having kids doesn't mean you can't go to nursing school.. just FYI. Is that supposed to be an excuse?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samara_love33
by on May. 30, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Medical assistant no at least I didn't but CNA which I also have yes. MA draws blood, takes vitals, preps rooms, everything you see at a pediatrician office is what they do check you in, sometimes scheduling, cleaning rooms, injections, stuff like that

Quoting stickyfingers:

no i did chreck into a technical school but decided on distance learning community college at north seattle comm collage. it costs a lot less and i really hope its a good program. it is a cwrtificate program that is accredited and everything. there is also a course i could take to just be a receptionist which is way faster...but i really want to have more contact with people...i do have a question...if i work in a hospital would i be wiping butts? lol i believe the course is a year and a half and you work at your own pace. so i could get done faster maybe?

Quoting samara_love33:

Are you taking a 9 month program or what exactly? I took a 9 month program those schools treat u like crap u r just a paycheck to them to the majority of the schools, they throw u out over stupid stuff, I did graduate I can tell you everything you need to know and all the pros and cons of schooling and the field

Quoting stickyfingers:

no i have a degree in graphic design. i have always been very interested in medical stuff and really need a good job with insurance...but no i know pretty much nothing but i am supposed to start school in the fall for MA. what can u tell me?

Quoting samara_love33:

Do you know anything at all about changing a medicine from one form to another? With MA we had to know conversion, clear over cloudy, and so many other things. I'm not LPN but I can give you help with the stuff for a MA

Quoting stickyfingers:

Quoting Anonymous:

Pay is like double! I get paid 24 an hour and with RN you get paid like $40+ an hour. Way worth it. You should think about reconsidering MA from at least LPN it's almost the same thing just a bit more an more pay. I think MA's make about $15 an hour and it's very similar to LPN already

Quoting stickyfingers:

i would love to go to nursing school. i dont think i can do the math tho so i am going for MA. whats the pay differance between LPN and RN?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting stickyfingers:

you can do it. of course it would be hard. i did it while i was breastfeeding my third boy then got pregnant with my daughter. i know nursing school is tough...

Quoting Anonymous:

I know I know! I just want my RN. I am an LPN right now but idk I want more you know?

Quoting stickyfingers:

go to school anyway!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaLis5
by on May. 30, 2012 at 2:17 PM
2 moms liked this

everything works until it doesn't ;) just saying

Quoting thinkpink2012:

Pull out worked for 4 years until last father's day when we found out I was pregnant

--Insanity is hereditary.  You get it from your children.family in the van

bjsgrl
by on May. 30, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Did ya take the test?! did ya? lol

bjsgrl
by on May. 30, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I was pregnant with my 3rd child when I started college, and just had my 4th when I graduated. Its possible! :)

stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2012 at 7:13 PM
well i called the school and LPN is only one quarter longer than MA. i am going to try to go for that! i have to go meet the head of the dept and then maybe take a placement test. i will probably have to etake some of the classes i took before since its been since 2006 but i am really excited about it.

Quoting samara_love33:

Medical assistant no at least I didn't but CNA which I also have yes. MA draws blood, takes vitals, preps rooms, everything you see at a pediatrician office is what they do check you in, sometimes scheduling, cleaning rooms, injections, stuff like that

Quoting stickyfingers:

Quoting samara_love33:

Quoting stickyfingers:

Quoting samara_love33:

Quoting stickyfingers:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting stickyfingers:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting stickyfingers:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting stickyfingers:

go to school anyway!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samara_love33
by on May. 30, 2012 at 10:44 PM
You should the class is great lots of studying if you don't have good memorization and etymology to know but I love it good luck in school

Quoting stickyfingers:

well i called the school and LPN is only one quarter longer than MA. i am going to try to go for that! i have to go meet the head of the dept and then maybe take a placement test. i will probably have to etake some of the classes i took before since its been since 2006 but i am really excited about it.

Quoting samara_love33:

Quoting stickyfingers:

Quoting samara_love33:

Quoting stickyfingers:

Quoting samara_love33:

Quoting stickyfingers:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting stickyfingers:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting stickyfingers:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting stickyfingers:

go to school anyway!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN