Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pull out method *eta

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
What has your experience been with it? Do you think it works as an effective form of birth control? Do you/have you used it?

To those who ended up pregnant, do you think it was from him not pulling out in time? Or just the method failing altogether..?
*this is for a paper I'm writing btw. I am currently pregnant, not from pull out. ;)
Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2012 at 1:53 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 30, 2012 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
That's a when that fails not if that fails method that every teen seems to practice without success
alwayskk
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Got pregnant each time I used that method while not on other forms of birth control.

.Pagan.
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:51 AM

it worked for me every time except the when the guy did not pull out on time....it isn't a method i would suggest to people that are new to having sex :/

Lachrymose
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:57 AM

We used it when we weren't ACTIVELY trying (but it was okay if we did end up pregnant).  But I never got pregnant when he pulled out.  We also use it now just so I don't have to deal with the mess all the time.. lol.  (He's snipped.) 

I wouldn't say it works for everyone and wouldn't recommend it as the main form of birth control, but for us it did work pretty well. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 30, 2012 at 8:58 AM

I've used pull out only method for oh 9 years now. The only pregnancys were planned.well one was kinda an oopsie like not sure if we want to start trying again or not and it felt so good that he didn't pull out and guess what I'm pregnant lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 30, 2012 at 9:02 AM
In high school, I had sex almost daily (with the same guy) and we never used condoms. We only used the pull out method. I never got pregnant. In college, same thing. I didn't get pregnant until I tried. So it worked for me, for over 8 yrs. I dont think that is the case for most though. I think it's irresponsible and a silly concept. I was just lucky!
BrookesMommy824
by Member on May. 30, 2012 at 9:11 AM

i did it for years, and didnt get pregnant, id say 3 yrs w my first bf. and my fiance and father of my children. we did it b4 we tried getting pregnant for 7 years. so in my 10 years of pull out method it worked for me

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on May. 30, 2012 at 9:15 AM
That's what we do to try to avoid pregnancy.
It can be just as good as bc IMO.
I see more women post about pregnancy from pill failure than pull out method failure.
It works for us, for years. No failure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 30, 2012 at 9:18 AM

As you write a paper you know you should be looking for research based information right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 30, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Pregnant 2x by pull out method, pulled out in time. Sometimes they can't even feel when there is a presquirt squirt, as we discovered once accidentally. I saw it with my own eyes, and he didn't feel a thing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)