Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

cussing toddler

Posted by on May. 30, 2012 at 5:15 AM
  • 26 Replies
Your foul language has encouraged your toddler to use the language as well.

Do you laugh about it, or are you a bit embarrassed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 30, 2012 at 5:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hierophant85
by on May. 30, 2012 at 5:18 AM
1 mom liked this
We had to censor for a while until he understood the difference between 'adult words' and regular words. He repeated maybe once or twice before that so we never had a big problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jacrawford
by on May. 30, 2012 at 5:20 AM
Same here

Quoting Hierophant85:

We had to censor for a while until he understood the difference between 'adult words' and regular words. He repeated maybe once or twice before that so we never had a big problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshine257
by on May. 30, 2012 at 5:20 AM

OH I have been there my son says damm it when he drops something. It is embarrassing but  I have no one to blame but myself. We try not to make a big deal out of it because he will just say it more if we do. He eventually forgets about it.

mom2cheesebug
by on May. 30, 2012 at 5:22 AM

My SO can cuss up a storm, DD has only swore once, said "shit", she got a time out and has never swore again. I think she knows the difference, but im sure we will cover that again as she gets older, she is only 22 months. I don't find it cute to see any toddler swearing, its a bit trashy for the parents and honestly it makes me judge them. If your child is not old enough to understand they can't say that, than the parents need to watch their mouths.

keisha613
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2012 at 5:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I babysat a 2 year old who used the word sh*t.  When I told his mom at pick up, she laughed it off.

I try not to use bad language when my kids are in earshot and I haven't heard them use any as of yet.  Not saying I'm perfect or anything, just not a big user of foul language.  When I was cussing teen, someone told me the only reason people use foul language is because their vocabulary isn't big enough to find a better way to say what they have to say.  I took that challenge and have lived that way ever since.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2012 at 5:49 AM

I would have died of embarrassment.

momma2b2008
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2012 at 5:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't use foul language around my girls, so if they used foul language I would want the floor/ground to open up ans swallow me whole!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lovemyfamilyof8
by on May. 30, 2012 at 7:00 AM
I don't curse much and if my kids do, it is no laughing matter!
peaches_04
by Gold Member on May. 30, 2012 at 7:01 AM
Ignore it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2012 at 8:20 AM

we don't use bad language around dd.  we dont say things like "shut up", stupid, idiot etc etc.  we've taught her that calling people names is not nice and hurts people's feelings.  

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN