Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Your foul language has encouraged your toddler to use the language as well.

Do you laugh about it, or are you a bit embarrassed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 30, 2012 at 5:15 AM
Replies (11-20):
alwayskk
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Well I don't like it but I admit that once or twice it has made me laugh. Not because they were cursing but because of the way they said it. Thankfully my kids learned quickly that there are things mommy can do that they can't, like drink coffee or drive the car. :)

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2012 at 8:24 AM

yea..... I was a better mother when I was a newer parent.    We didn't say stupid, shutup etc... either....   but now that they are older, I actually TELL them to shut up if they aren't listening to the nice requests of "be quiet"... LOL!

Maemae2012
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Yeah it is embarrassing. My SO had learn to control his potty mouth because my son would be right behind him repeating the words. My DD, now you could cuss in front and she never repeated it.

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2012 at 8:48 AM

If we are out and about we just tell the kids those are at home words. They say sorry. However, that rarely happens. I can't think of the last time it did happen. And at home they are free to curse as much as they want.

veganistic
by on May. 30, 2012 at 9:09 AM
My 7 yo thinks that crap is a cuss. She complains if I use it in front of her. :) she's such a doll. The other day I asked her what other swear words she knows and she listed darn, freak, freaking, and she cracked up when she said damnit. She spelled shit, and didn't know any others, whew. She said two of her friends say dog shit. Lame!

When I was about 18 I had an acquaintance with a two year old son who would scream "fuck you" at the top of his lungs while tantruming (and he tantrumed a lot!) It made me sick to my stomach to hear that baby saying that. If I had been older and wiser I would have called cps for him... they were such a mess :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 30, 2012 at 9:12 AM
I don't curse around my toddler, rarely do i curse at all, so the day he turned around and called me a bitch, I was floored. At a complete loss for words. Asked my oldest brother, who is his babysitter 3 days a week, and he said my sister taught him to say it. I was livid an wanted to punch her.
LampPost
by on May. 30, 2012 at 9:13 AM
Embarassed. But I also don't swear around children so I have never encountered this problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaimieLynn8
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2012 at 9:14 AM
I get embarrassed! My 3-year old went to school saying Jesus Christ (thanks to me....) and I was mortified when i found out. But he goes to a Jewish school so it was kinda funny lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 30, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Last time I cussed in front of the kid was because I stepped on the 3rd hot wheels car of the evening and then kicked my big toe into the couch....His now favorite word is shit. :( And no I am not happy about it especially when he goes to his private christian school and says it. He has gotten better he doesn't use the word at home anymore since he knows better now but at school he will occasionally. Total Parent FAIL.

NicholasMama608
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2012 at 9:23 AM
My sons father taught him to call me a "fucking bitch". DS is only 4 yrs old and I don't cuss around him ever. I was highly ticked when that came out of DS' mouth. My ex got a nasty phone call from me about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN