Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your foul language has encouraged your toddler to use the language as well.

Do you laugh about it, or are you a bit embarrassed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 30, 2012 at 5:15 AM
Replies (21-26):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 30, 2012 at 9:28 AM
we always make a point lately to sensor what we say, as my DD is almost 2 and repeats everything. the other day I tripped over my dhs trail he left (work shoes, pants, shirt) and yelled FUCK YOU, WILL without thinking. she's been telling her poor daddy that for 2 days now. oops -_-
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christaberk
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2012 at 7:25 PM
Do you ladies think that moms who freely allow their small children to use bad language are trashy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 30, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Words are given to much power they are just words. I neither laugh about it or am embarrassed. I teach them context. Cursing can be warranted in certain situations. It is just a part of life , nothing to be ashamed of or angry about.

marie85
by Gold Member on May. 30, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Swears are everywhere. The best way I have found to discourage my youngest from swearing was to ignore it. They don't always learn it from parents. Its on the radio , and people swear out in public everyday. Just saying.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 30, 2012 at 8:05 PM
My granddaughter,who looks like a Princess or an angel has one of the nastiest mouth. She is 5 years old,she speaks very loud her hearing has been checked already. When,she thinks you're not listening to her, the cussing begins. Her mother is trying to blame the school, I told her,she's her mother I blame her. When its just me and her,one on one she's is more relax,more quieter. She dont say bad words around me,because I dont cuss. I don't think a child should be punish for picking up a grown person habit.
busymom-o-3
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:49 PM

My 4 year old daughter has learned a few dirty words and I'm not quite sure how to get it to stop. I have been putting her into timeouts everytime she says a dirty word for the past year when it all started. Nothing is seeming to work. She is getting ready to start Pre-K, but I'm almost too afraid to send her. For the fear of her swearing in school. Now her younger sister is catching onto some of the bad language. Though a few timeouts seem to have cured the younger one, I still can't get the older one to realize that they are bad words and they hurt people when she calls them names. This really makes me sound like a bad parent, I know. Whenever she watches tv or listens to other people she has to copy. I have learned to be careful of what she watches. Though we live at home with my family is is still hard to keep language out of our way, til we get back to our own place.  Please give advise. I'm open to almost anything at this point.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured