Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your made up, "unique" names are nauseating

Posted by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:35 AM
  • 1151 Replies
96 moms liked this

Baelynn, Brayleigh, Avilannah, Dayleigh, Trinlee, Brienzi... *puke*

The boy names are even worse! Braedyn, Larken, Brysin, Rhylee...

Not that this needs saying, but you can't just make up a name and think your child will be the lovely, independent, unique person YOU want. There a person who someday is going to have a professional job. They aren't a pet.

And then there's taking a name (like Emily)... and complicating the FUCK out of it: Emmaleigh.

Wtf is wrong with Emily?!?! Why do you need to make it stupid??

Or you have Braden (as before mentioned) and spelling it stupidly: Braedyn (or that I've seen: Brajdyn)

I'm sorry, but the good chunk of little kids now with ugly ass "unique" names are named (and raised) by idiots. The future of us adults are in the hands of little Braeleigh's and Rhylee's. And it makes me scared. I'm desperatly afraid for my future and for my daughter because these are her peers and I don't want their influence on her. I almost want to go live with the Amish so she's not exposed to the dumbasses of the age.

Little Brienzi is going to be a doctor someday.. and I'm sorry, but  I'm not comfortable being cut open by a Brienzi. Totally comfortable being operated on by an Emily or a Hannah, though!

So for all you people out there who agree that a lot of kids these names have stupidly, nauseating names... Sleep tight! And just remember that when you're old, a Jakayla is gonna be giving you a sponge bath and administering your meds while you read the paper on the latest antics of President Braejdyn Smith.

Disclaimer: If your pissed off by this post, your child probably has a dumbass name. So thank you for being a part of the problem in the modern age. I don't care if I pissed you off. PLEASE NOTE: This is supposed to be a bit of a satire. But my opinion still stands. Yes, I know there could be a bright, sweet, rocket scientist named Brianalillymae Jones... but who's gonna take that seriously??

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
devinsmom42
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2012 at 8:37 AM
13 moms liked this
My sons name was on ur list spelled a different way. His name is Riley and I love it. My other two are Devin and cloey. I tend to not care what others think of MY kids names.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:37 AM
126 moms liked this

I don't understand why people butcher perfectly respectable names just to make them 'different'. It makes you look 'illiterate'.

AngryBob
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2012 at 8:38 AM
57 moms liked this
I find this post to be extremely ironic, being as how it was written by someone named "Kristy".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LampPost
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:38 AM
13 moms liked this
Lmfao I love this post.

:D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
superm0m877
by Gold Member on May. 30, 2012 at 8:39 AM
30 moms liked this
What does the way their name is spelled have a anything to do with what type of person they grow up to be? Your post is extremely immature I hope you don't raise your children to thnk that way. How judgmental can you be?
ETA my kids have "normal" names but I don't agree with you at all. Mine are Ciara Michael and Noah.
KristyCat
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:41 AM
6 moms liked this

Quoting alwayskk:

I don't understand why people butcher perfectly respectable names just to make them 'different'. It makes you look 'illiterate'.

Exactly! A little girl down the street is named Madison... except it's not. It's Maedisynn. 

....WHY?!

CafeMom Tickers
Cyn_
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:42 AM
11 moms liked this
I agree, I thought about their future when I named my girls, I gave them names a possible employer would not skip when looking at resumes because they can't pronounce it, or because it's just hideous.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 30, 2012 at 8:44 AM
14 moms liked this
hmmm, my kids have "normal" names like Alexander and Olivia. However, my doctors first name has nothing to do with how comfortable I'd feel about them operating on me. What's the difference between my doctor being an American with a funny sounding name or my doctor being Indian, Chinese, ECT and having a funny sounding (to an American) name? Not to mention, I'm not on first name basis with any of my doctors so I wouldn't know if Dr. Smith had the first name of Brienzi. Smh. You my dear, sound anal retentive and I'd avoid the Amish community if had someone as phony snobbish as you.
Red_Tempest
by Ginny on May. 30, 2012 at 8:45 AM
Depending on where you live, Karlen isn't really that unusual. It's actually on my list of possible future boy names. I also have a Kloe, Karina, and a Riley. I think some spellings are ridiculous, but not most names. If it's pronounceable, then do what you want.

Eta: Karlen should have been Larken. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vannadahlia
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Haha I agree, I named my first son Eithan and My second son that is due really soon is named Aiden. Not that difficult haha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN