Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your made up, "unique" names are nauseating

Posted by   + Show Post

Baelynn, Brayleigh, Avilannah, Dayleigh, Trinlee, Brienzi... *puke*

The boy names are even worse! Braedyn, Larken, Brysin, Rhylee...

Not that this needs saying, but you can't just make up a name and think your child will be the lovely, independent, unique person YOU want. There a person who someday is going to have a professional job. They aren't a pet.

And then there's taking a name (like Emily)... and complicating the FUCK out of it: Emmaleigh.

Wtf is wrong with Emily?!?! Why do you need to make it stupid??

Or you have Braden (as before mentioned) and spelling it stupidly: Braedyn (or that I've seen: Brajdyn)

I'm sorry, but the good chunk of little kids now with ugly ass "unique" names are named (and raised) by idiots. The future of us adults are in the hands of little Braeleigh's and Rhylee's. And it makes me scared. I'm desperatly afraid for my future and for my daughter because these are her peers and I don't want their influence on her. I almost want to go live with the Amish so she's not exposed to the dumbasses of the age.

Little Brienzi is going to be a doctor someday.. and I'm sorry, but  I'm not comfortable being cut open by a Brienzi. Totally comfortable being operated on by an Emily or a Hannah, though!

So for all you people out there who agree that a lot of kids these names have stupidly, nauseating names... Sleep tight! And just remember that when you're old, a Jakayla is gonna be giving you a sponge bath and administering your meds while you read the paper on the latest antics of President Braejdyn Smith.

Disclaimer: If your pissed off by this post, your child probably has a dumbass name. So thank you for being a part of the problem in the modern age. I don't care if I pissed you off. PLEASE NOTE: This is supposed to be a bit of a satire. But my opinion still stands. Yes, I know there could be a bright, sweet, rocket scientist named Brianalillymae Jones... but who's gonna take that seriously??

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Replies (41-50):
KristyCat
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:55 AM

GOOD! Someone's catching on. Spell it right or don't spell it at all ;)

Lol but that's not the issue, (although I graduated with an Aquaneesha <-- spelled like that) the issue is making up names. Putting two sounds together and being like "Yeah, sure. Perfect baby name"

Quoting Anonymous:

Aquanisha...... Spell it right or don't spell it at all.
P.S. Bethany sounds like a bitch.

Quoting KristyCat:

Quoting Cyn_:

I agree, I thought about their future when I named my girls, I gave them names a possible employer would not skip when looking at resumes because they can't pronounce it, or because it's just hideous.

That's good. As much as we all want to live in a judgement-free society where everyone is accepted regarless of name, race, hair style, whatever... it will never be that way. It's human nature to judge. And you have two choices: Name your kid something ridiculous and say "Good luck! Hope you make it!" or give them something that they could present and not be taken like a joke.

Think about it for a second: As an employer, you have two candidates with similar qualities and qualifications.. One is named Aquaneesha. The other is Bethany.

Honestly and truly, which one sounds more professional? Which name do you want representing your business?

CafeMom Tickers
MultiPara
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:56 AM
This. And my children have traditionally spelled names.

Quoting superm0m877:

What does the way their name is spelled have a anything to do with what type of person they grow up to be? Your post is extremely immature I hope you don't raise your children to thnk that way. How judgmental can you be?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2012 at 8:56 AM
4 moms liked this
My daughters name is emmalyn, the other is mikaela, I named them those names and spelt them that was simply because I liked it like that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wittyscreenname
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:56 AM

I don't think my kids' names are stupid or anything, but that could just be me.

Sebastian, Anastasia, and Cailin.

sunfireprincess
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:57 AM

what do you think of my name? lol. Lauran is very odd.

KristyCat
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Quoting DaniVan:

Maybe it's spelt odd to piss ofspannerf future teachers, or so the kids can never find personalized things in shops n

My good friend always had that issue... she can never ever find personalized things. Her name is Katherynn. She goes by Kat, but even then she still can't find anything that says Kat.

CafeMom Tickers
Lishes
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:58 AM
4 moms liked this

This, and no one is going to tell the difference between "Madison" and "Maddysin" when you yell it on the playground. So, the kid is still not unique.

Quoting alwayskk:

I don't understand why people butcher perfectly respectable names just to make them 'different'. It makes you look 'illiterate'.

MrsJHoward
by Gold Member on May. 30, 2012 at 8:58 AM
That's why I didn't pick those. Lol

Quoting BaseballMom34:

Old fashioned names can draw teasing as well. Ester, Dick, Bertha, to name a few.

Quoting MrsJHoward:

Yeah! I chose old fashion American names on purpose. I didn't want my kids being made fun of.

Quoting KristyCat:

Quoting MrsJHoward:

Lol

I have a Malynn, Anthony and soon to be Patrick. Do I pass?

Well considering I looked at all  3 names and could immediately read them and didn't have to think about how to prounounce it, then yeah lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hip2it
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2012 at 8:59 AM
2 moms liked this

Eh...  I had a friend in school named Kharylake (pronounced carrie-lake).  Nobody ever got that name right.  Nobody knew based off seeing the name if it was a boy or girl.  He hated it.

I don't care what my doctor's name is, I care about his credentials.  I wanna talk transcripts, references, etc.  For all I know, you're the guy that barely made it through.  I don't want that guy, I want the rockstar with the scalpel.

The only odd thing about any of my kids' names is my youngest son.  I went into the hospital with Noah James as his name, but when he was born, he just didn't seem like a Noah.  I pulled his name out of thin air.  He's named Avery, which apparently is a girl's name?  IDK, but that's his name.  I should've named him "Hell on wheels giving mommy a head full of gray hair at 27."

As with every other parenting issue, I don't care what you do with your kid; I prefer to sit here and mind my business on those topics.  It'd be awesome if others would do the same.

NoahandEliza
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:59 AM
I think you can be unique without butchering the spelling. My daughter is Eliza which you don't hear too often (at least not where I am) and people here can't say it as is. If I spelled it Aliyzah, no one would get it. That being said, picking #1 on the list of most common names bothers me waaay more (which isn't saying much since I don't really care either way)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN