Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your made up, "unique" names are nauseating

Posted by   + Show Post

Baelynn, Brayleigh, Avilannah, Dayleigh, Trinlee, Brienzi... *puke*

The boy names are even worse! Braedyn, Larken, Brysin, Rhylee...

Not that this needs saying, but you can't just make up a name and think your child will be the lovely, independent, unique person YOU want. There a person who someday is going to have a professional job. They aren't a pet.

And then there's taking a name (like Emily)... and complicating the FUCK out of it: Emmaleigh.

Wtf is wrong with Emily?!?! Why do you need to make it stupid??

Or you have Braden (as before mentioned) and spelling it stupidly: Braedyn (or that I've seen: Brajdyn)

I'm sorry, but the good chunk of little kids now with ugly ass "unique" names are named (and raised) by idiots. The future of us adults are in the hands of little Braeleigh's and Rhylee's. And it makes me scared. I'm desperatly afraid for my future and for my daughter because these are her peers and I don't want their influence on her. I almost want to go live with the Amish so she's not exposed to the dumbasses of the age.

Little Brienzi is going to be a doctor someday.. and I'm sorry, but  I'm not comfortable being cut open by a Brienzi. Totally comfortable being operated on by an Emily or a Hannah, though!

So for all you people out there who agree that a lot of kids these names have stupidly, nauseating names... Sleep tight! And just remember that when you're old, a Jakayla is gonna be giving you a sponge bath and administering your meds while you read the paper on the latest antics of President Braejdyn Smith.

Disclaimer: If your pissed off by this post, your child probably has a dumbass name. So thank you for being a part of the problem in the modern age. I don't care if I pissed you off. PLEASE NOTE: This is supposed to be a bit of a satire. But my opinion still stands. Yes, I know there could be a bright, sweet, rocket scientist named Brianalillymae Jones... but who's gonna take that seriously??

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Replies (741-750):
MountainMomma3
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:33 PM
I agree. My daughter's name is Emily. Spelled Emily... no bullshit.

Quoting KristyCat:

Baelynn, Brayleigh, Avilannah, Dayleigh, Trinlee, Brienzi... *puke*

The boy names are even worse! Braedyn, Larken, Brysin, Rhylee...

Not that this needs saying, but you can't just make up a name and think your child will be the lovely, independent, unique person YOU want. There a person who someday is going to have a professional job. They aren't a pet.

And then there's taking a name (like Emily)... and complicating the FUCK out of it: Emmaleigh.

Wtf is wrong with Emily?!?! Why do you need to make it stupid??

Or you have Braden (as before mentioned) and spelling it stupidly: Braedyn (or that I've seen: Brajdyn)

I'm sorry, but the good chunk of little kids now with ugly ass "unique" names are named (and raised) by idiots. The future of us adults are in the hands of little Braeleigh's and Rhylee's. And it makes me scared. I'm desperatly afraid for my future and for my daughter because these are her peers and I don't want their influence on her. I almost want to go live with the Amish so she's not exposed to the dumbasses of the age.

Little Brienzi is going to be a doctor someday.. and I'm sorry, but  I'm not comfortable being cut open by a Brienzi. Totally comfortable being operated on by an Emily or a Hannah, though!

So for all you people out there who agree that a lot of kids these names have stupidly, nauseating names... Sleep tight! And just remember that when you're old, a Jakayla is gonna be giving you a sponge bath and administering your meds while you read the paper on the latest antics of President Braejdyn Smith.

Disclaimer: If your pissed off by this post, your child probably has a dumbass name. So thank you for being a part of the problem in the modern age. I don't care if I pissed you off. PLEASE NOTE: This is supposed to be a bit of a satire. But my opinion still stands. Yes, I know there could be a bright, sweet, rocket scientist named Brianalillymae Jones... but who's gonna take that seriously??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daughteroftruth
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:34 PM
I always based my confidance of people, based on the person, not their name.
And no my kids do not have butcherd names. Ezekiel, Gabriel, Mikhaela, Barak, and Zedekiah.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2012 at 8:35 PM
My stbx's oldest son's mom( that gets confusing) has four kids.....2 of their names are mentioned in the op
Braedyn, brevyn, brenna, and brayleigh

**Admit it; it's more interesting then another "how I parent" siggy**

zalia11
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Brayleigh??? Wtf is that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tish_Hughes
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Quoting JenB1983:

My stbx's oldest son's mom( that gets confusing) has four kids.....2 of their names are mentioned in the op
Braedyn, brevyn, brenna, and brayleigh

Names you mean?

I do that a lot =-)

ema_3
by Bronze Member on May. 30, 2012 at 8:37 PM
My name is Emily spelled Emmalee.

Every parent has the right to name their child as they like, not if YOU can understand it or not!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Quoting Tish_Hughes:

Haha!!!! I fixed it before you could quote it! :-P. LOL

**Admit it; it's more interesting then another "how I parent" siggy**

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 30, 2012 at 8:39 PM

bumping.

MisterandMe
by Alyssa on May. 30, 2012 at 8:40 PM

My daughter's name is Emmalee..Is that too complicated for you?

ButterflyGenie
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Hair Can be dyed. Names are usually forever. Just saying.

Quoting Anonymous:

Glad you care so much about names but not about looking trashy. LOL hypocrite. Maybe some of these kids will work for family and won't have to worry about it. ^_^

Quoting KristyCat:

Quoting Anonymous:

I love how the person who hates "unique, made up names" has some very unique, fake red/pink hair. I would not hire you to work for my business with that hideous hair. It looks pink at the top and red at the bottom. What happened to good old fashioned, natural hair? It looks almost purple in places. Very unprofessional.

That's why I dye my hair AFTER I get the job ;)

Fortunately, I work for family so I don't have to worry about it. ^_^

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured