Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your made up, "unique" names are nauseating

Posted by   + Show Post

Baelynn, Brayleigh, Avilannah, Dayleigh, Trinlee, Brienzi... *puke*

The boy names are even worse! Braedyn, Larken, Brysin, Rhylee...

Not that this needs saying, but you can't just make up a name and think your child will be the lovely, independent, unique person YOU want. There a person who someday is going to have a professional job. They aren't a pet.

And then there's taking a name (like Emily)... and complicating the FUCK out of it: Emmaleigh.

Wtf is wrong with Emily?!?! Why do you need to make it stupid??

Or you have Braden (as before mentioned) and spelling it stupidly: Braedyn (or that I've seen: Brajdyn)

I'm sorry, but the good chunk of little kids now with ugly ass "unique" names are named (and raised) by idiots. The future of us adults are in the hands of little Braeleigh's and Rhylee's. And it makes me scared. I'm desperatly afraid for my future and for my daughter because these are her peers and I don't want their influence on her. I almost want to go live with the Amish so she's not exposed to the dumbasses of the age.

Little Brienzi is going to be a doctor someday.. and I'm sorry, but  I'm not comfortable being cut open by a Brienzi. Totally comfortable being operated on by an Emily or a Hannah, though!

So for all you people out there who agree that a lot of kids these names have stupidly, nauseating names... Sleep tight! And just remember that when you're old, a Jakayla is gonna be giving you a sponge bath and administering your meds while you read the paper on the latest antics of President Braejdyn Smith.

Disclaimer: If your pissed off by this post, your child probably has a dumbass name. So thank you for being a part of the problem in the modern age. I don't care if I pissed you off. PLEASE NOTE: This is supposed to be a bit of a satire. But my opinion still stands. Yes, I know there could be a bright, sweet, rocket scientist named Brianalillymae Jones... but who's gonna take that seriously??

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Replies (941-950):
cherryblosso883
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2012 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this

My name is Nyssa and I get jobs just fine. It is not a common name but I love it also my sons name is Cyric it is a dead celtic name and people love it and I love it.

talktojonell
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2012 at 11:53 PM
My boys all have conventinal names and spelling.

My daughter's name is Haven. Is that too weird for you? Just curious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mystearica
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Braedyn is a gaelic name, isn't it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Ummm...That dead horse that was beaten is now bones...shut the living fuck up,already! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Is Malynn, a girl or a by?  If a boy, it should be spelled Mahlon.  However I purposely misspelled my daughter's name Stacie.  Her dad misspells everything with a Y as an IE, so I spelled it so he could spell it.  I have Stephanie and Christopher also.

Quoting KristyCat:

Quoting MrsJHoward:

Lol

I have a Malynn, Anthony and soon to be Patrick. Do I pass?

Well considering I looked at all  3 names and could immediately read them and didn't have to think about how to prounounce it, then yeah lol.

ButterflyGenie
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I grew up with several Kristys and several Kristens in the 80's and 90's so what the hell are y'all talking about? There were more than 1 in most classes. Not unique at all. Or even spelled weird.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AngryBob:

I find this post to be extremely ironic, being as how it was written by someone named "Kristy".

LMAO... Good point!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raczac
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:37 PM

My oldest sons name is Ryland Alan he is named after his great grandfather. I love his name.

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Great minds think alike and you are not going to believe what I type next i had already told my dh if we had another boy ever his name would be Ryland, there is a home builder in Houston called Ryland and i seen his poster advertising new homes and i said that will be my next boy's name:)

I actually think Austynn is probably more of a boys name :) My name is Josephine but I have always been called jojo or jo lol, so i was ok with it being a name for a boy or a girl, her middle name is Abilene we are proud Texans lol

Quoting Rylansmommy386:

Uh oh...one of us is going to mommy hell...my 8 month old baby boys name is AUSTYN...... which one is it??? Male or female..i dont know!!!!!! The horror!!!!!!! Lol j/k love the names

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

My boys are Jagger and Draven and my dd is Austynn, I am sure that those are somewhere on your annoying list too, right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Why do you say the name Addis-o-n like Addis-e-n when the name itself means son of Adam. I'm pretty sure the pronunciation is Addis-o-n not -en. Just wondering.

Quoting LDeVore5:

Bwhahaha!! I'm all for wanting to do something different so your not with the rest of the crowd.. But not to the extent that some people go nowa days... I have a Mackensey, Jacob and Addisen... All of which are pronounced like they are spelled, but still spelled different, but classy.. I would not go as far as to name my child something "outland-ish"-- because whether we all want to admit it ot not, I don't want a woman named "Candy Cane" or "Rusty Rainbow" coming in to draw my blood or getting ready to operate on me.. Pure and simple.. If you are going to be ridiculous and be to lazy to give your child a name that society won't mock them for or shun them for, then by god-- keep your knees closed.. Your screeing up their future.. Not yours..

ShontaRae
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:14 PM
Quoting devinsmom42:

Very good taste indeed! And congratulation! How far along are you? Our little Riley bug is 25 months now and we will be hopefully getting pregnant the fall of 2013! Praying for a girl too!
Love my boys but I'm ready for pinks, purples, ribbons and bows!
ButterflyGenie
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:17 PM
4 moms liked this
I can't believe how many moms are upset when there are study after study about what's in a name. Many of the studies have been posted in this post too. Names actually form your child's personality directly from the beginning. Despite what many people think spelling a common name wrong like adding or changing letters does not make the child any more unique than the one with it spelled the correct way. If you want your child unique and different you have to activively raise the child unique no matter what their names are. Giving a male a feminine name has been shown to cause behavior problems also. Names that are just plain made up or a La or Da just added at the beginning will give them less opportunities as adults in the job market. It's all been studied and plenty has been proven over the years. Use Google because it's your friend. Also look up name meanings before naming the thing you hold most precious. They will have to live with that first name for their entire lives.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)