Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

That stupid piece of paper EDIT

Posted by   + Show Post
You know the one that so many of you are so proud not to have..... The Marriage license. Do you have any idea what that stupid piece of paper entitles you to?
Or are you really just blissfully ignorant?
Do you not realize what would happen if your fake husband died and you dont have that stupid piece of paper?
Do you not realize that many people have fought for years to be able to even obtain that stupid little piece of paper?

To all those stating that is easy to just get legal paperwork done, then why can't the GLBT community do that? If its so easy for all you people who clearly have no legal background then please inform me on how you can do it, but my lesbian neighbors cannot!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 30, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Replies (111-112):
Kaybean
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2012 at 9:05 PM
I have that stupid piece of paper. I would never go around calling someone my husband if they were just a boyfriend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriaAnn
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Oh, but I would...his mother is in critical condition at the moment, his father is a "crackhead" that likely couldn't be located, and his next of kin would be one of his two brothers (both of which i am 110 percent sure would respect my wishes)...regardless, he already has a DNR (signed by 3 witnesses, notarized, and on file with our lawyer)which i completely stand by...that's a moot point. Even if I didn't agree, his wishes regarding his own life/body are paramount to mine, so what I would choose is irrelevant.

Quoting MultiPara:

If your boyfriend went brain dead tomorrow, you wouldnt be able to make the call on what to do. Thats a pretty good reason.

Quoting LoriaAnn:

Ummm...i disagree with the implications of the first part of your post, but whole-heartedly agree with your end point...lol...i see no significant value for MYSELF in getting married at this time, but i believe EVERYONE should be able to marry who they want (considering they are both consenting adults of course).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)