Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't have the same level of respect for military wives.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1131 Replies
41 moms liked this

YOUR spouse serves for our country not you.  Its not a sacrifice YOU had to make.  There are plenty of other men out there.  I don't take credit for my husbands job which takes him away for weeks at a time.  You are not an extension of your husbands job, quit claiming how hard it is to be "that kind of wife".  You had to know he was going to leave, risk death ect <which as an American I am indebted to>  but you meh, your just a side dish of the main course.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missamanda86
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2012 at 3:19 PM
161 moms liked this

I stand by my husband, the soldier, who puts his life on the line along with hundreds of thousands of others. I am the one left to raise our kids alone if he dies fighting for our freedom. Unlike civilian wives, us military wives sacrifice so much more IMO so that everyone has the freedom  they fight for...a side dish? Get real....how many of those military men and women wouldnt be half the person they are without thier spouses support and love

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2012 at 3:19 PM
50 moms liked this

I completely disagree.  I think being a military wife would be so stressful and difficult.  I don't know how they do it.  They can take any credit they want.  Kudos to them!

mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2012 at 3:19 PM
18 moms liked this

Ouch!  Most spouses work as a team, so what one does affects the other.  IMO, they are sacrificing at home.  Many of our military wouldn't be able to serve without the support they have at home. 

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2012 at 3:19 PM
33 moms liked this

The military wife sure has hell makes sacrifices and keeps things together on the home front ...they keep their men grounded when they are away ...and since you want to call them side dishes to a main course ...well you cant have a good full meal with out those side dishes they help keep it all together

Mrs.Vallo
by Sylvia on May. 30, 2012 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmmmm Wow

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 30, 2012 at 3:21 PM
20 moms liked this
I don't care if my husband flipped burgers or was president. I am an extension of my husband and anything he does. As is he for me. Its not about military or non military .
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2012 at 3:21 PM
56 moms liked this

...going to walk away from this one cause I have nothing to say to someone who is THAT ignorant. 

areles
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2012 at 3:21 PM
8 moms liked this

i have an annoying ex friend who has built her entire identity around being a military wife (which she's been for about six months), and she yammers on about it incessantly, and it drives everyone batshit crazy (especially since we're all taking bets on how quickly she's gonna cheat on / leave him for not 'giving her enough attention', since she's already left literally FIVE MEN for that reason), but even *i* disagree with you.

but good job getting attention / stirring the pot. 

backing out of what is sure to be an excruciatingly long and tiresome debate.

Toxic.Stardust
by on May. 30, 2012 at 3:22 PM
13 moms liked this

good thing I'm not seeking out your approval oh anonymous one :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 30, 2012 at 3:22 PM
34 moms liked this
Civilian wives are also responsible for thier children if thier dh or so dies. It isn't like they have magic powers where thier husbands don't die.

Quoting missamanda86:

I stand by my husband, the soldier, who puts his life on the line along with hundreds of thousands of others. I am the one left to raise our kids alone if he dies fighting for our freedom. Unlike civilian wives, us military wives sacrifice so much more IMO so that everyone has the freedom  they fight for...a side dish? Get real....how many of those military men and women wouldnt be half the person they are without thier spouses support and love

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)