Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't have the same level of respect for military wives.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

YOUR spouse serves for our country not you.  Its not a sacrifice YOU had to make.  There are plenty of other men out there.  I don't take credit for my husbands job which takes him away for weeks at a time.  You are not an extension of your husbands job, quit claiming how hard it is to be "that kind of wife".  You had to know he was going to leave, risk death ect <which as an American I am indebted to>  but you meh, your just a side dish of the main course.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Replies (331-340):
Aurora-Dove
by on May. 30, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Shows your character. you go ahead and marry wise and I'll marry the man I love and actually have a happy life. he's out now but if he were still in I would know that our son is the product of an amazing bond, and his daddy is a true hero.

Quoting Anonymous:

good and respectable? 

try smart and married wise. 

Quoting Aurora-Dove:

First, you don't choose who you fall in love with. there may be other men and women out there but that doesn't mean you can just fall in love with whoever you want. Second I am the DF of a former Marine, and NEVER have I claimed to be in the military, however I have always been proud that HE was in the military and that he had a respectable job, abduction was a respectable member of society! Third...gone for weeks? try months or years! You may choose to be a military wife and know its going to be hard. However a good and respectable woman isn't going to leave her husband or refuse to marry the man she loves because his job is hard and may cost his life. That's part of the reason she does marry him!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opinionatedmom
by Platinum Member on May. 30, 2012 at 6:19 PM

how rude. they become a single mom for you. and you have the guts to put the down for it.  geez your such a good patriotic american. it is them and their husbands that give you the right to run your smart ungrateful mouth

cocoroo
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I wouldn't say it is stupidity.  My dh  joined the Army after we were married.  It was a decision we made as a couple, it was something he had always wanted to do.  It works for us.  We can handle being away from each other for months at a time.  Our longest seperation was a year when he went to Korea.  Now, it is 4 months to the Sandbox every year and it is like a little mini vacation.

Quoting Anonymous:

why would I marry someone who would leave for a year or years at a time.  Doesn't make sense.  That's not sacrifice that's stupidity.

Quoting mewebb82:

I'm guessing you've never had your husband gone for a year and come back with ptsd. Dealing with that requires a LOT of sacrifice.

It is definitely not the same as your husband's job taking him away for weeks at a time. My husband has done that too. That was MUCH easier.

mommy2annaliese
by on May. 30, 2012 at 6:20 PM

No I have never cheated, and would never :) it's not hard for me at all.

I didn't mean its very hard for people to be faithful, I meant it is very hard to be with someone you hardly see which is the case for some women.

:)

Quoting cocoroo:

It isn't hard for me to not cheat on my dh.  I don't cheat on him because I love him.  You must have issues if it is "VERY" hard for you not to cheat on your dh.

Quoting mommy2annaliese:

Yes, single moms are amazing.

I have been a single mom, so I know how hard it is.

But I mean to be married and commited and STAY with someone who is never there, and not cheat on them. That is also VERY hard.

I imagine it gets really lonely, and you can't just go out and meet someone, unless of course you are a whore and cheat, then no respect for you.

I am just saying, i don't understand what these rude post are for, they help nothing, they are nothing but negative and hurt TONS of peoples feelings, just for what? attention?

sigh*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2012 at 6:20 PM

haven't crossed that path but my husband wouldn't expect nor want me as a caregiver long term.  We are practical people and I hope if I can't be healthy and well he finds someone he can be with and I get a caregiver who is not an endentured servant out of love

Quoting sheramom4:

Quoting Anonymous:

look play your part of the dutiful wife I get it and thank you.   But there will come a time you will see the other side of this and realize time wasted.  Not saying its wasted so much as you could have made better life choices so that you wouldn't be stuck like this

Quoting sheramom4:

Quoting Anonymous:

When you choose this life its easy for me to say really? your surprised a man leaving behind his wife and children is difficult?  YOU DIDN"T HAVE TO BE IN THIS POSITION.  YOUR LOVE BLINDERS GOT IN THE WAY.  Chances are your marriage won't last.  Chances are some china girl is giving him his best blow job EVER and he will come back indifferent and you won't even know WTF happened.  The hardest part from a civilian standpoint is watching young girls piss away their lives when you know they could do better.

Quoting halliebug:

You forgot to add the weeks that we run the house while they are I'm the field. You forgot to add how hard it is to te them goodbye and knowing you won't talk to the while they are gone. You forgot to add how bad it sucks to have to handle family emergencies alone. Or to find out that you're expecting a baby while he is gone.

You, OP, don't wanna show me respect for standing by my husband, then you can kiss my ass because this is the hardest role I have had in life. Being a civilian wife is nothing compared to this.

Quoting missamanda86:

I stand by my husband, the soldier, who puts his life on the line along with hundreds of thousands of others. I am the one left to raise our kids alone if he dies fighting for our freedom. Unlike civilian wives, us military wives sacrifice so much more IMO so that everyone has the freedom  they fight for...a side dish? Get real....how many of those military men and women wouldnt be half the person they are without thier spouses support and love

That was disgusting and completely uncalled for. I guess since my DH is now disabled (and a veteran) I should remove my love blinders and leave him for someone better? There is NO ONE better. I have given up my career and finishing school to take care of him (my PHD) and also to take care of our kids, house and just about everything else because of his injuries. I LOVE my husband, I will stand by him no matter what. I did it while he was in the military and I will do it until the day he dies. I am not pissing my life away nor are most military or former military wives. UGH...so disgusted by this comment...UGH.....

I am not stuck. Something happened to my husband and I am not breaking my marriage vows because he is sick or injured. My life choices are just fine thank you. I have a Master's degree, I had a career for years and now I am his full time caregiver. Virtually the same thing happened to my mother and she was not a military wife. My dad broke his back in six places while working (he fell) a civilian job. 17 years later he passed away. They were married for 31 years. You attitude is terrible aout this situation. I really hope that you never have something happen to one of your children or your spouse that would create a similar situation. Would you leave your spouse because he became disabled or caught cancer or some other illness? I made the wrong choices because I won't leave my spouse....SMFH

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I call that a perfect marriage ;)

Quoting cocoroo:

I wouldn't say it is stupidity.  My dh  joined the Army after we were married.  It was a decision we made as a couple, it was something he had always wanted to do.  It works for us.  We can handle being away from each other for months at a time.  Our longest seperation was a year when he went to Korea.  Now, it is 4 months to the Sandbox every year and it is like a little mini vacation.

Quoting Anonymous:

why would I marry someone who would leave for a year or years at a time.  Doesn't make sense.  That's not sacrifice that's stupidity.

Quoting mewebb82:

I'm guessing you've never had your husband gone for a year and come back with ptsd. Dealing with that requires a LOT of sacrifice.

It is definitely not the same as your husband's job taking him away for weeks at a time. My husband has done that too. That was MUCH easier.

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on May. 30, 2012 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I like :-)

Quoting missamanda86:

I stand by my husband, the soldier, who puts his life on the line along with hundreds of thousands of others. I am the one left to raise our kids alone if he dies fighting for our freedom. Unlike civilian wives, us military wives sacrifice so much more IMO so that everyone has the freedom  they fight for...a side dish? Get real....how many of those military men and women wouldnt be half the person they are without thier spouses support and love

katemma
by on May. 30, 2012 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Such a lame ass post. I'm not a military wife. FYI. Did u wake up and think "how can I be an utter bitch today?" You hit it out of the park.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 30, 2012 at 6:22 PM

UMMMMMM they didn't do it for me and if i had my way I'd tell them no babies the first 4 years of marriage.  What good is a fatherless child?

Quoting opinionatedmom:

how rude. they become a single mom for you. and you have the guts to put the down for it.  geez your such a good patriotic american. it is them and their husbands that give you the right to run your smart ungrateful mouth

cocoroo
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2012 at 6:22 PM

We do not become single moms (except for those that have husband's that are KIA, but there are civilian dad's that day every day).  When my dh is deployed or at training or whatever, I still have his emotional and financial support.  I know he loves me and I know he is more than likely coming home.  That isn't a single mom.  That is a woman whose dh isn't there 24/7.

Quoting opinionatedmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN