Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't have the same level of respect for military wives.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

YOUR spouse serves for our country not you.  Its not a sacrifice YOU had to make.  There are plenty of other men out there.  I don't take credit for my husbands job which takes him away for weeks at a time.  You are not an extension of your husbands job, quit claiming how hard it is to be "that kind of wife".  You had to know he was going to leave, risk death ect <which as an American I am indebted to>  but you meh, your just a side dish of the main course.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Replies (731-740):
aschwarz06
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Wow i really have nothing to say to you except that you definitely take the cake for stupidity and you can even own up to your stupid opinion you hide behind anonymous
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
couponluv72
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Damn patootin military wives sacrifice too. They raise the family and deal with being mom and dad when hubby is away, they live with tghe constant realisty that the love of their life might never come back. they are not taking credit for their husbands careers. they are within their  own right to be proud of helping this country. you are so disrespectful and snotty. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 5, 2012 at 4:53 PM
How do you know

Quoting I_love_my_girls:

You're an idiot. Of course it is harder to be a military wife.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:31 PM

marriage is a choice not a requirement.  Why would you subject kids to such horror as you speak of then?

Quoting loverfrombeyond:

We have to be able to support the family and kids alone that miss their daddy, cry themselves to sleep at night after a 15min phone call that happens once a week everyweek. We have to explain why daddy missed birthdays and christmas. Then when he comes home we have to help him cope with, and get over whatever he may have seen or done over there(trust me some things truely haunt them). In some cases we may have to leave the one we truely love becasuse the things they have seen or done have scarred them so badly that it is no longer safe for our children to be home until they get real help. DON'T MOCK IT UNTIL YOU HAVE GOTTEN A PHONE CALL FROM YOUR DH TELLING YOU THAT HE LEAVES IN ONE WEEK AND YOU KNOW HE'S GOING INTO A WAR ZONE! I was married once before dh and being a civilain wife is so much easier than a military wife!

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Nobody deserves respect for no reason.

I have seen military wives who cheat on their man constantly, spend his money while he's away, refuse ot help him with his uniforms, attend ceremonies, help them study, etc.  B/c it cramps their style.

BUT

I have also seen military wives who do all they can for the troops.  They iron uniforms, keep up with healthy diets, help them study for promotions, celebrate their success, agonize over their losses, and on and on.  They go out of their way to help newer military wives adjust when their man is gone for the first long deployment.

That can be said of any wife, ever, though.  Some wives work with their partner, make sacrifices for his success, b/c his success helps the family as a whole.  A woman must earn her respect.

Military wives make sacrifices.  But all wives make sacrifices.  Our "badge of honor" must be earned ourselves!  If we put ourselves on the line for our partner's safety and success, we can earn respect through them.  If we don't support them at all, we have no claim to their success.

My Dh would give me credit where it is due.  If I make it possible for him to study for a promotion, help him as best I can to study and keep kids quiet, and he succeeds, he thanks me for my help and sacrifice.  If I just go about my day, demanding he keep up with his chores and deal with the kids and he can't study, I have no right to claim anything when he passes his tests.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Yeah right because it sounds so fun.  I would never be so stupid as to raise children in such a situation and that is why I never married a military man 

Quoting isyn3cams:

I was thinking this exactly...

Quoting mamajmm81:

babahahahahahaahhahahah .....I think someones military husband may have left them and they are very bitter about it. If not I do not really care but that's how you sound oh powerful and all knowing anon

Anonymous
by Anonymous 70 on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Thank you!!!! Seriously! Like they are some sort of goddesses for intentionally making babies with someone who is never around and has almost guaranteed they have made parentless-children. Dee dee dee!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 70 on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:59 PM
You're a pretty shitty parent for purposely subjecting your children to this. Your parenting card should be ripped up and thrown away. Those kids are going to pick your nursing home. Don't you understand the ramifications of this?!

Quoting Anonymous:

marriage is a choice not a requirement.  Why would you subject kids to such horror as you speak of then?

Quoting loverfrombeyond:

We have to be able to support the family and kids alone that miss their daddy, cry themselves to sleep at night after a 15min phone call that happens once a week everyweek. We have to explain why daddy missed birthdays and christmas. Then when he comes home we have to help him cope with, and get over whatever he may have seen or done over there(trust me some things truely haunt them). In some cases we may have to leave the one we truely love becasuse the things they have seen or done have scarred them so badly that it is no longer safe for our children to be home until they get real help. DON'T MOCK IT UNTIL YOU HAVE GOTTEN A PHONE CALL FROM YOUR DH TELLING YOU THAT HE LEAVES IN ONE WEEK AND YOU KNOW HE'S GOING INTO A WAR ZONE! I was married once before dh and being a civilain wife is so much easier than a military wife!

kellieknits
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:02 PM
2 moms liked this
As an Army wife I agree. And those stickers people put on their cars saying "Army wife, toughest job in the Army" shut up. It is not the toughest. Being the one who's constantly away from your home and your family, that's the toughest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:03 PM

me or her?

Quoting Anonymous:

You're a pretty shitty parent for purposely subjecting your children to this. Your parenting card should be ripped up and thrown away. Those kids are going to pick your nursing home. Don't you understand the ramifications of this?!

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)