Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't have the same level of respect for military wives.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

YOUR spouse serves for our country not you.  Its not a sacrifice YOU had to make.  There are plenty of other men out there.  I don't take credit for my husbands job which takes him away for weeks at a time.  You are not an extension of your husbands job, quit claiming how hard it is to be "that kind of wife".  You had to know he was going to leave, risk death ect <which as an American I am indebted to>  but you meh, your just a side dish of the main course.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Replies (931-940):
heythereelizah
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:27 AM
I've never had to sacrafice anything. People always say that. I never know what they are talking about.

Quoting KelliansMom:

The military wife sure has hell makes sacrifices and keeps things together on the home front ...they keep their men grounded when they are away ...and since you want to call them side dishes to a main course ...well you cant have a good full meal with out those side dishes they help keep it all together

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heythereelizah
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:29 AM
How is it ignorant? I would expect special treatment if my husband was an electrician or a plumber. I don't want special treatment or recognition over a JOB.

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

...going to walk away from this one cause I have nothing to say to someone who is THAT ignorant. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armybratmom612
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:30 AM
Bitter much oh crazy annon person
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heythereelizah
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:31 AM
What the hell do we sacrafice exactly?? Being a wife doesn't make you special.

Quoting missamanda86:

I stand by my husband, the soldier, who puts his life on the line along with hundreds of thousands of others. I am the one left to raise our kids alone if he dies fighting for our freedom. Unlike civilian wives, us military wives sacrifice so much more IMO so that everyone has the freedom  they fight for...a side dish? Get real....how many of those military men and women wouldnt be half the person they are without thier spouses support and love

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karla1948
by VS 120 Lady on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:32 AM

The military wife makes enormous sacrifices. Not only does she maintain the household while the member is gone, but she can never pursue a career due to frequent PCS moves. This is why I applaude the Uniformed Services Former Spouses Protection Act, and I hope that it is here to stay.

Advertising Banner Designs - Only $9.00

heythereelizah
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:35 AM
You can definitely have a career. Plenty of wives do. That is the most ridiculous statement ever. Especially since they will soon change the time at bases to 6 years instead of 3. I have never had to sacrafice anything. I don't know what you are taking about.

Quoting Karla1948:

The military wife makes enormous sacrifices. Not only does she maintain the household while the member is gone, but she can never pursue a career due to frequent PCS moves. This is why I applaude the Uniformed Services Former Spouses Protection Act, and I hope that it is here to stay.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3babiesofmyown
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:36 AM
I've been both the soldier and the military wife. I've seen both sides. While military wives may not have as much credit comin to them as the soldiers nobody should take away from the role of a military wife. Military wives are very important for these men. The nation may not "be in debt" to the wives. But those wives that stand strong begin their husbands deserve some credit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heythereelizah
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this
We don't deserve any special respect or recognition. We got married. That is IT. Unless you have served yourself then you aren't special. You are a wife. End of story. Just because your husband is in the military doesn't make you any better than someone who's husband is a truck driver or pizza delivery driver or a WalMart worker.
osmw much?

Quoting MisisMags:

Eh. Ignore the poster. She's just jealous that she's not a military wife hahahahahha or maybe her husband doesn't do anything WORTH being proud about. You need to stop watching army wives.

I'm a military wife and I certainly do not wear my husband's rank. But I also know for a fact that I am stronger than most of friends because I have to be. My kids need me to be strong for them.

And to have you downgrade my role because you think what we do does not warrant any "respect" from you is truly hurtful.

Why post as anonymous by the way? Even on websites like this, we can find a troll or two running about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heythereelizah
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:41 AM
I disagree. Taking care of the house and staying faithful while your husband is away isn't hard. Actually it was easier to keep the house up. I don't understand what is SOOOO hard?

Quoting 3babiesofmyown:

I've been both the soldier and the military wife. I've seen both sides. While military wives may not have as much credit comin to them as the soldiers nobody should take away from the role of a military wife. Military wives are very important for these men. The nation may not "be in debt" to the wives. But those wives that stand strong begin their husbands deserve some credit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bertha21
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with you! Being in the military is just a job! I don't know why people make it out to be something more. I think everyone's job is important.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN