Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Strong opinion (some of you will be offended)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Just gonna come out and say it, if you don't vaccinate your child, you're a bad parent.

Not only are you endangering other children, you have neglected your child and are putting your child in harms way.

You gave into the hype that some former Playboy bimbo started screeching when her kid (who turns out isn't even autistic) was developing slower and she chose to single out vaccinations for her kid's issues. 

You're damn right I'm vaccinating my child, and if your child isn't vaccinated it won't be hanging out near my baby until my baby is protected against whatever strange diseases your child is spreading around.
As far as I'm concerned the only reason not to get vaccinated is if you are allergic to the vaccine for some reason or have had a really bad reaction to it.

Period, end of. Vaccinate your God damn kids instead of being an idiot hippie.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Replies (291-300):
ILive4This
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2012 at 11:42 AM

lol...ignorant.

I formed my opinions based on fact-based research.  Not based on what any celebrity thinks...that's just absurd.

I'm just gonna say it....you're a bad parent if you knowingly have your child stuck full of poison based on science from the 1950's.

marabie
by on May. 31, 2012 at 11:43 AM

You can argue a strong immune system all you want but there are people that have crappy immune systems myself included. I get sick constantly and had a systematic candidia infection that I tried numerous times to get rid of using all natural and unnatural remedies out there. Apparently I just can't eat sugar that's the only thing that works. You don't know what kind of immune system your child is goign to have and my son was breastfed I wasn't that probably will help him but full protection only lasts while he they are recieving thsoe antibodies.

Quoting Randi02:

I have never been vaccinated, but I am immune to Rubella.

I must have come into contact with it, and my body did its' job. A strong immune system will do that.

Quoting marabie:

I said this when my son wasn't able to get certain shots like MMR, however the only way to know that anyone is immune to the diseases is to get the blood work done to test for antibodiQuoting brettsmomma:

It strange reasoning to me when someone says an unvaccinated child puts our vaccinated child at risk. If your child is vaccinated how are they at risk? Can someone please explain this to me?

ILive4This
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2012 at 11:44 AM

And when I "knowingly" had my son filled with toxins and he had a seizure, I cried, and I still do today knowing that I did that to him.

Quoting hatinnd:

My grandma delayed vax because of some old wives tale about "dog days" of summer.  Her first child died in her arms with whooping cough.  70 years later my grandma still cried because she blamed herself.  

Personally I don't care what other people do.  If something happens to one of my kids, I will at least have peace in knowing I did everything I could to protect them.

marabie
by on May. 31, 2012 at 11:47 AM

You obviously don't have a degree in any type of biology or immunology then because if you did you would know that vaccination research is continous. The whole study of immunology focuses on the function of the immune system but also on advancement and function of vaccines and the immune response. Also the "poison" that's in vaccinations serves a purpose it isn't in there for shits and giggles. The viruses need to be preservered but also the vaccine needs to be as sterile as possible.  What happens if your son gets a serious infection are you going to avoid antibiotics then too? They can cause serious reactions too.. If your son had a reaction don't vaccinate that's your choice but you can't live in the what ifs of everything, as it stands death from vaccine preventable diseases outnumbers adverse vaccine reactions. Tetanus if contracted has a 45% mortality rate, serious vaccine rates are much lower then that.

Quoting ILive4This:

lol...ignorant.

I formed my opinions based on fact-based research.  Not based on what any celebrity thinks...that's just absurd.

I'm just gonna say it....you're a bad parent if you knowingly have your child stuck full of poison based on science from the 1950's.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Which is why it's recommended to nurse your children full term :) Their immune systems are not fully developed until around age 6, so it's important to nurse as long as your child wants to continue. The bare minimum should be at least 2-2.5 years. Most kids wean by 4.

Quoting marabie:

You can argue a strong immune system all you want but there are people that have crappy immune systems myself included. I get sick constantly and had a systematic candidia infection that I tried numerous times to get rid of using all natural and unnatural remedies out there. Apparently I just can't eat sugar that's the only thing that works. You don't know what kind of immune system your child is goign to have and my son was breastfed I wasn't that probably will help him but full protection only lasts while he they are recieving thsoe antibodies.

Quoting Randi02:

I have never been vaccinated, but I am immune to Rubella.

I must have come into contact with it, and my body did its' job. A strong immune system will do that.

Quoting marabie:

I said this when my son wasn't able to get certain shots like MMR, however the only way to know that anyone is immune to the diseases is to get the blood work done to test for antibodiQuoting brettsmomma:

It strange reasoning to me when someone says an unvaccinated child puts our vaccinated child at risk. If your child is vaccinated how are they at risk? Can someone please explain this to me?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/387292_2884772599754_1273299282_33296172_1842233479_n.jpg

ILive4This
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2012 at 12:03 PM

lol...I do happen to have a degree, thank you. :D   And I stand by what I said, and I will not argue with you.  I know the science, and I will not drink the kool-aid.   You are fooling yourself if you think it's about anything other than $$, at this point in science/modern medicine and civilization.   I've been in the field way too long, and have seen more than my share to have formed the opinion I have.

Quoting marabie:

You obviously don't have a degree in any type of biology or immunology then because if you did you would know that vaccination research is continous. The whole study of immunology focuses on the function of the immune system but also on advancement and function of vaccines and the immune response. Also the "poison" that's in vaccinations serves a purpose it isn't in there for shits and giggles. The viruses need to be preservered but also the vaccine needs to be as sterile as possible.  What happens if your son gets a serious infection are you going to avoid antibiotics then too? They can cause serious reactions too.. If your son had a reaction don't vaccinate that's your choice but you can't live in the what ifs of everything, as it stands death from vaccine preventable diseases outnumbers adverse vaccine reactions. Tetanus if contracted has a 45% mortality rate, serious vaccine rates are much lower then that.

Quoting ILive4This:

lol...ignorant.

ILive4This
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2012 at 12:11 PM

btw...my son is now 24, and is healthy and doing fine :D

Quoting marabie:

Quoting ILive4This:

lol...ignorant.

Aeonix
by on May. 31, 2012 at 12:15 PM
My decision to delay and selectively vaccinate had nothing to do with any playboy bimbo. And vaxed kids can spread disease. They can be carriers. Do some fucking research instead of being an uneducated sheep.
areyouatroll
by on May. 31, 2012 at 12:22 PM
'You gave into the hype that some former Playboy bimbo started screeching when her kid (who turns out isn't even autistic) was developing slower and she chose to single out vaccinations for her kid's issues.'

I have no idea what this is about.

I stopped vaccinations because I read on cafemom that some people think they are bad. I went to the cdc website and read the ingredients. After reading the list of crap in them, and effectiveness rate, I decided to not vaccinate any further.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SerenaRose3
by on May. 31, 2012 at 12:27 PM

My whole family was affected by someone who did not vaccinate their child. I know its a personal choice but when that choice you make affects my family its no longer just a personal choice. Some kid at my dd's school came down with chicken pox  because they were not vaccinated  , I knew there were some kids that were out sick in my dd's class. I was supposed to see my newborn niece and nephew but chicken pox can be dangerous and deadly for a brand new baby so I could not go see them. But I don't think that either way is bad parenting. What is best for your family is a personal choice and I can understand both sides. I rather not vaccinate because of the crap I hear about them but its hard to know what is the truth.

mommyof3blinkie.gif proud mommy of 3 image by ILuvBobbyNXander
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN