Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Child appropriate places (S/O)

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you believe kids should be invited everywhere?

If you are invited somewhere but your child isn't, do you not go just because your child wasn't also invited?

Update:  OMG my post made it to the top of CM!!!  Awesome!!!

by on May. 30, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 31, 2012 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this

They definitely do not belong at weddings. Cute kids take the spotlight away from the bride and groom, plus a wedding is an adult event. No one wants kids running around.

RhondaVeggie
by on May. 31, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

They definitely do not belong at weddings. Cute kids take the spotlight away from the bride and groom, plus a wedding is an adult event. No one wants kids running around.

Not true. There are millions of people who would never dream of having a wedding without kids being invited. A wedding is about the joining of two people and two families and the creation of a new family. It's ridiculous to exclude family members on the basis of age. Should we also exclude our elderly relatives who can't party down? I have only been to one child free wedding in my life and that was only because I had already agreed to bake the cake. Usually I don't bother with such events because a child free wedding is just soulless and boring.
Jeckyls-mommy
by on May. 31, 2012 at 8:24 AM
It depends. If I get invited and my mom doesn't work that night, ya I may go. Other then that no.
Nunyabusiness
by on May. 31, 2012 at 8:28 AM
When I can bring them I will. My best friend is getting married in the Bahamas and doesn't want any kids. Which is all fine and dandy for everyone else she knows but I have three young kids, one of which isn't even born yet. I told her I couldn't go. We live on a budget as it is plus I would need to find someone to keep my kids for at least two or three days while out of the country. Maybe if she had picked Florida or something but yeah nope.
deltadawn1975
by Member on May. 31, 2012 at 8:35 AM
most everywhere I go I take my daughter unless she is staying with my parents like she is currently.

pink ribbonIn honor of my mom who is a survivor

Lovemyfamilyof8
by on May. 31, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Bridal showers, bachelorette parties, and wedding receptions are acceptable to not allow children, otherwise it is a nogo for me!
macksmom716
by Member on May. 31, 2012 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I see nothing wrong with adult only outtings or events. I was left home with my sister and a sitter when we were younger so my parents could have a night with just grown folks and I do the same with my kids occasionally. We recently went to 2 weddings that were adult only and we had so much fun and it was nice that I wasnt worried about kids running around while everyone was drinking.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 31, 2012 at 9:01 AM
2 moms liked this

There are definitely places where children shouldn't be. I'm a mom of 3 kids, and it irks me to no end when I have a sitter for the night, and want to go out, but my night is ruined by obnoxious kids running around terrorizing the place.

If parents still had a full handle on their children like past generations did, it wouldn't be such an issue. Instead, parents barely teach their children manners, don't know when to tell them to stop, or how to get them to actually stop when they do speak up.

I really have no desire to eat a nice meal with kids screaming and banging away at the table behind me. Or going to a night time non-kid movie, and having to hear and watch kids screaming and running around through it.

There are times when kids are totally welcome. But all the horrible parents out there ruin it for me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 31, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

Quoting Anonymous:

Not true. There are millions of people who would never dream of having a wedding without kids being invited. A wedding is about the joining of two people and two families and the creation of a new family. It's ridiculous to exclude family members on the basis of age. Should we also exclude our elderly relatives who can't party down? I have only been to one child free wedding in my life and that was only because I had already agreed to bake the cake. Usually I don't bother with such events because a child free wedding is just soulless and boring.

You are not right. I am not right. It's just a matter of opinion. I am sure that adults are able to have a fun time at a wedding without kids. Maybe child-free weddings are soulless and boring because the guests are that way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 31, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

Quoting Anonymous:

by Gold Member on May. 30, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Nope. I like to attend certain functions WITHOUT my kids. Weddings for example. They are more enjoyable withOUT.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)