Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Shaving down there? Ow!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I have never shaved down there, I trim it . I have shaved just enough to wear a bikini. I get so freaking irritated from shaving that I hate to even do that. I put lotion on after and reapply often but still get itchy red painful bumps. I couldn't imagine shaving it all. Even using bikini zone hasn't helped in the past.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 30, 2012 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 30, 2012 at 10:37 PM

bump

safi
by on May. 30, 2012 at 10:37 PM
It gets better over time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 30, 2012 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup. Start slow. Don't shave it all off at once.. work your way bald

Quoting safi:

It gets better over time
chey88
by on May. 30, 2012 at 10:39 PM

use an electric razor to get the majority and a regular one for the rest if need be. Then rub hair conditioner on the area to make it softer and stop it from being so irritated. It works awesome!!

rangerwife2
by on May. 30, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Used to wax it, but have not had to do anything since December when I started chemotherapy and all my body hair fell out
eyeheartsin
by Gold Member on May. 30, 2012 at 10:41 PM
I use a brad new razor and Coochy Cream. That stuff is amazing! Then apply raw coconut oil. No issues with bumps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShesALady
by on May. 30, 2012 at 10:42 PM
I put hydrocortisone on right after I shave and let it soak in. It works for me. I only have to do it once. It's a prescription one though my husband got from his dermatologist when he had a rash. I'm sure store bought would work too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bren07
by on May. 30, 2012 at 10:44 PM
I've been shaving down there since I was 15, now I'm 23, and it takes forever to grow back in..it takes time to get used to it. Like someone else said, take it slow..lol..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NicholasMama608
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Quoting eyeheartsin:

I use a brad new razor and Coochy Cream. That stuff is amazing! Then apply raw coconut oil. No issues with bumps.

Coochy cream is awesome for shaving down there.  It's the only thing I'll use.  I didn't know about the coconut oil though.

girl_incognito
by on May. 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM

use conditioner to shave with, and stick deordorant in the area after you dry off, it is the only thing that works for me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)