Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just gave my son Benadryl so he can nap

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 702 Replies
5 moms liked this
He has been extremely fussy the past 3-4 days and he hasn't been sleeping good which makes him fussier so I just gave him baby Benadryl so he can take a nap and maybe sleep better tonight if he has a nap today. He won't let me put him down he screams when I do. I'm not trying to drug him to sleep I just need him on a schedule. He's so tired you can see it in his eyes. He's been up since 6am and its 3pm now and he hasn't napped he never will.
Eta: before you bash me for following dr's directions, what kind of chemicals are in the formula you pump into your babies? How about how you eat or drink caffeine when you're pregnant? I haven't had fast food or caffeine since the day I found out I was pregnant and I proudly breast feed my baby.

Update: he slept for 45 minutes, not hours on end. He woke up fine he wasn't even groggy and he's been fine since then. He just needed a little nap. Yea, it was rude of me to say anything about ff but I am doing my best to be a mother and I don't need everyone jumping down my throat. And before you say there's no such thing as infant Benadryl, check out their website. There is an infant Benadryl for 18-20 pounds and it's 3ml which is what I gave him. No, it will not be a daily thing. It was a one time thing for HIM NOT ME.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemystinky
by on May. 31, 2012 at 4:03 PM
9 moms liked this

Baby? You mean Children's Benadryl?

Try tequila next time.

skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2012 at 4:05 PM
8 moms liked this
My five month old sometimes fights her naps too. I just cuddle with her until she falls asleep. It takes ten or fifteen minutes sometimes. Oh! And she loves listening to pandora while she's falling asleep. I have a piano only station that's really peaceful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-42-
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2012 at 4:06 PM
62 moms liked this

"I'm not trying to drug him to sleep....."

I believe that's what you just did.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2012 at 4:06 PM
No it's for babies his dr gave it to me.

Quoting lovemystinky:

Baby? You mean Children's Benadryl?

Try tequila next time.

atyou
by on May. 31, 2012 at 4:06 PM
How old?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommavieve
by on May. 31, 2012 at 4:07 PM
Yup.

Quoting -42-:

"I'm not trying to drug him to sleep....."

I believe that's what you just did.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2012 at 4:08 PM
I've tried everything. He's 7 months old and will only sleep while he's eating but as soon as I lay him down he wakes up And lately he hasn't even been napping on me

Quoting skittlebeans88:

My five month old sometimes fights her naps too. I just cuddle with her until she falls asleep. It takes ten or fifteen minutes sometimes. Oh! And she loves listening to pandora while she's falling asleep. I have a piano only station that's really peaceful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2012 at 4:08 PM
7 months

Quoting atyou:

How old?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2012 at 4:08 PM
19 moms liked this

melatonin is probably a better idea than benedryl for something like that

mandella79
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2012 at 4:08 PM
7 moms liked this

How old is your child? They don't even have OTC benadryl for children under 6 anymore, and from the sound of your post this is a very young child or infant. Do you know how dangerous it is to over medicate a child? I would NOT do this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN