Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just gave my son Benadryl so he can nap

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He has been extremely fussy the past 3-4 days and he hasn't been sleeping good which makes him fussier so I just gave him baby Benadryl so he can take a nap and maybe sleep better tonight if he has a nap today. He won't let me put him down he screams when I do. I'm not trying to drug him to sleep I just need him on a schedule. He's so tired you can see it in his eyes. He's been up since 6am and its 3pm now and he hasn't napped he never will.
Eta: before you bash me for following dr's directions, what kind of chemicals are in the formula you pump into your babies? How about how you eat or drink caffeine when you're pregnant? I haven't had fast food or caffeine since the day I found out I was pregnant and I proudly breast feed my baby.

Update: he slept for 45 minutes, not hours on end. He woke up fine he wasn't even groggy and he's been fine since then. He just needed a little nap. Yea, it was rude of me to say anything about ff but I am doing my best to be a mother and I don't need everyone jumping down my throat. And before you say there's no such thing as infant Benadryl, check out their website. There is an infant Benadryl for 18-20 pounds and it's 3ml which is what I gave him. No, it will not be a daily thing. It was a one time thing for HIM NOT ME.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2012 at 4:02 PM
Replies (21-30):
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on May. 31, 2012 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Cupcake vodka is better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 31, 2012 at 4:11 PM
2 moms liked this

casey anthony?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 31, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Tried it :( he is probably teething but I've given him teething tablets and everything

Quoting Hilary799:

Sometimes you just have too. Is he teething? Maybe some tylenol?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 31, 2012 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Read your title again. You are asking to be bashed!!

Quoting Anonymous:

His dr said it was ok she even gave me the benadryl for him I feel bad about it so the last thing I need is to be bashed

Quoting -42-:

"I'm not trying to drug him to sleep....."

I believe that's what you just did.

outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Right! *facepalm*

Quoting -42-:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 31, 2012 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Ha Ha I don't ever see a doctor writing out a prescription for none other then to make a baby go to sleep!!

If Benadryl was prescribed really, it would be for allergies.
heyma4
by on May. 31, 2012 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

What did she give you the Benadryl for? I doubt seriously that it was to get him to sleep. Yeah, I am sure you don't want to be bashed, no one really does unless they are trolling.

Quoting Anonymous:

His dr said it was ok she even gave me the benadryl for him I feel bad about it so the last thing I need is to be bashed

Quoting -42-:

SharonHernandez
by on May. 31, 2012 at 4:12 PM

you're on Cafemom what do you expect. many of these moms have something bitchy to say.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting -42-:

-42-
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Quoting blsdbyangel07:

Cupcake vodka is better.

I'm feeling touble sleeping coming on.....I should go ahead and medicate myself, right?

mcr17
by on May. 31, 2012 at 4:13 PM
2 moms liked this

if he is given the proper dose, he will be fine.

Quoting Anonymous:

People accidentally kill their kids this way. smh

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)