Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

My Daughter and I were at Hobby Lobby ( big craft store chain). I had 20 month old Granddaughter in the basket she was getting tired so I went to get her out as she pulled her leg up she hit  her knee on the basket and started  screaming I had her in my arms trying to calm her down and distract her.

The assistant manager. :"Emily" came up to us and said"    If you dont calm her down you will have to leave other customers are complaining,  ( this all in a span of 5 min)  My Daughter said you can see we are trying  and I piped in " Shes a baby they can deal we are trying to calm her down"  ( all this as I hear another baby screaming 2 aisle over ) I always have people stop and tell me how well behavied My Granddaughter is.)

She   then turned and said  "I have to cater to my other customers" I was so mad I could not even say anything I was there shopping for my Daughters 11th Birthday Party  and of year bash for school . I was ready to spend $500 dollars easily.

NEVER WILL I GO THERE AGAIN. i'm not saying my shopping there keeps them open but I easily spend  2,000. a year with all the crafts  and gifts I buy  , My mother who is a Florist  spent 7,000 last year alone, and already 5,000 this year for 2 weddings alone. She will never go back. I called corporate Office havent got a call back but they will get an ear full.

I will break it down 30 sec scream from hitting her knee  calming down on way to bathroom 1 1/2 min at

most 2- 3 min In Bathroom  to change her and calm her down stopped crying befor we left bathroom  we were on the sales floor a total on 2 min before we went to the bathroom..

by on May. 31, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Replies (191-198):
jaysmommy04
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 1:46 AM
Exactly people need to get over themselves. I'm getting so tired of people thinking that every one should cator to them. Luckily I dont have fussy kids, but even if they were, I'm going to continue to go where I need.

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

Right! What a load. Like we are just supposed to hide our kids away until they learn to be seen and not heard.

Quoting DixieL:

I wouldn't go there either. Wherever I go I hear babies crying. We all have babies They are just going to have to get used  to it. All babies cry

Babies are everywhere and they cry. If people don't like it they shouldn't go out in public where babies are

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
withallmylove
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 2:12 AM

I would have walked over and said  " wow I heard her from the other aisle, is she OK , is there anything I can do"  Waited for a response,

I would have then suggested that she could go sit down with her and hold her in the bathroom  where it is quiet to calm her down ( lounge chair in bathroom ). 

Then if needed I would have quietly said " I am so sorry but I have had a customer complain, I am so sorry some people don't deal well with crying babies,

let 's get her to the bathroom so we ALL can calm down  ( implying that the customer needed to chill too )you look upset too and its completely understandable your Granddaughter is hurt, and walked her to the bathroom apologizing again letting her know I was  understanding her situation. 

It's called Customer Service Training ( I take it every 6 months) this woman at Hobby Lobby needs a class or 10

Quoting HelloKitty86:

How would you have handled it?  She said others were complaining... What would you have done?

Quoting withallmylove:

I don't want her to lose her job.  She just needs to learn BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE ,

I know the customer is NOT always right  and  we have to work as if they are,.  She was WRONG in every way on handling this situation.

I know what it is like to deal with customers who are less than steller I am in customer service. it is a tough and tiring JOB.

Quoting HelloKitty86:

Wow... I hope she doesn't lose her job.

Cambriagurlmom
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 2:57 AM

WOW I have never experienced that at a hobby lobby. Usually the people who are around are really nice about my daughter's bi-polar fits. I would call the district manager and complain. It's about ALL customers not just a few. If a child is upset and crying so be it. 3/4 of the people in hobby lobby either have kids or have had kids and should understand that kids cry.

pasteeater
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 3:05 AM
We always did too. But the baby was hurt. It probably would take a bit longer to calm her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Screaming babies are the devil.

Seriously, they are. Even when it is natural and normal for them to scream.

If I couldn't get her calmed down in a minute or less, I would have taken her outside the store and calmed her there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missmikelots
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 3:35 AM
I don't care how long your child was crying or how loud- that manager was out of line- and way over the top!
Maybe the other kid was blending in and confusing the customer- which made her complain- who cares really - managers don't act- well aren't suppose to be unprofessional like that-!
I will say this thou if any of my babies are upset or I can see an issue arising I start to head for the door or the bathroom - I do this for ME and my child to calm down and to get back on track- I don't care what others think about my child having some noises! I would never just allow them to scream or cry and do nothing about it thou-kwim
OP- def. get incontact with that company to complain! So unprofessional !
iluv2meow
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 3:38 AM

I woulda told the girl to shuttup and do her job

DixieL
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Quoting jaysmommy04:

Exactly people need to get over themselves. I'm getting so tired of people thinking that every one should cator to them. Luckily I dont have fussy kids, but even if they were, I'm going to continue to go where I need.

Quoting DixieL:

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

Right! What a load. Like we are just supposed to hide our kids away until they learn to be seen and not heard.

Quoting DixieL:

I wouldn't go there either. Wherever I go I hear babies crying. We all have babies They are just going to have to get used  to it. All babies cry

Babies are everywhere and they cry. If people don't like it they shouldn't go out in public where babies are

I wonder what those people did when they had babies and they cried in publick I don't believe they went home so the crying wouldn't bother other people

milmomma2006
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:06 PM
The way I was reading it, it sounded like your 11 year old was the mother of the baby. I was just confused.

Quoting withallmylove:

??????  Not sure what you mean by this?  I was shopping for my 11 yr old.

My Daughter  who is 22  was with me and her daughter ,(young yes ) but married  to a great guy. I am Blessed to have them all.    

Quoting milmomma2006:

Wait, is the daughter you were shopping for the mother of the toddler?!? Please tell me she isn't.... By the way some of these comments read though, I'm afraid she is =/

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)