Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't think my daughter is pretty.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 138 Replies

I have a 5 year old (almost 6 year old) and I don't think she's pretty. And I'd be lying if I said she was cute.
She was the cutest baby ever but once she hit toddlerhood everything changed. As she got older she got less and less cute and pretty. I feel so horrible for thinking this way! I feel like such a bad mom! My other children (two boys ages 4 and 8) are very cute and handsome, I think they're going be heart breakers! Maybe my daughter will grow into her beauty? I don't know.

I sound horribly shallow, I know. But she's very smart and outgoing! Top of her kindergarten class! She's great at sports and loves to sing. I don't not love her because of the way she looks, I love her so much. She's my only. I guess I invisioned a cute, goregous little cherub if I had a daughter. But I just don't think she's a looker. I've never told anyone this, including my husband. But I need to get it out! It's eating me up!! I feel like such a bad mom!! Aren't I supposed to think she's the cutest being on the face of the earth?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2012 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 31, 2012 at 7:07 PM
I my oldest son is not cute either. He is 14 and at that awkward stage of puberty. He is chubby and wears glasses and has bad acne. He has yet to get a gf and I don't think he will any time soon. I always wanted the son all the girls are after. But at least I don't have to worry about him getting girls pregnant.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 31, 2012 at 7:19 PM
14 moms liked this

Maybe she's not pretty.  Maybe she's ugly as all hell.  But remember the story of the ugly duckling?  She might just be a beautiful swan in the making.   And that beauty might just be on the inside 

Jsowers89
by on May. 31, 2012 at 7:20 PM
5 moms liked this
Post a pic of her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eyeheartsin
by on May. 31, 2012 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

what makes you think she's not pretty? is she growing a third eye?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 31, 2012 at 7:22 PM
Bump
jmpiper
by on May. 31, 2012 at 7:24 PM
4 moms liked this
Ouch please for your daughters sake never tell her this
anotherhalf
by on May. 31, 2012 at 7:24 PM

She has everything else.  No one can have it all!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 31, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I wish my son wasn't as good looking as he is. He's 14, and we have girls calling all the time, some things have happened to where I am concerned about teen pregnancy. Hell even one of the young girls at work has a crush on him! I am NOT bragging I'm just saying it can be awkward both ways.

Quoting Anonymous:

I my oldest son is not cute either. He is 14 and at that awkward stage of puberty. He is chubby and wears glasses and has bad acne. He has yet to get a gf and I don't think he will any time soon. I always wanted the son all the girls are after. But at least I don't have to worry about him getting girls pregnant.

12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2012 at 7:25 PM
4 moms liked this

you don't have to think your kids are good looking. you just have to keep it to yourself. you don't sound like a bad mom to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 31, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I really don't want to post a photo. Posting a pic would break my anonymity.... I feel bad enough right now without people now knowing me as the "shallow mother".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN