Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't think my daughter is pretty.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have a 5 year old (almost 6 year old) and I don't think she's pretty. And I'd be lying if I said she was cute.
She was the cutest baby ever but once she hit toddlerhood everything changed. As she got older she got less and less cute and pretty. I feel so horrible for thinking this way! I feel like such a bad mom! My other children (two boys ages 4 and 8) are very cute and handsome, I think they're going be heart breakers! Maybe my daughter will grow into her beauty? I don't know.

I sound horribly shallow, I know. But she's very smart and outgoing! Top of her kindergarten class! She's great at sports and loves to sing. I don't not love her because of the way she looks, I love her so much. She's my only. I guess I invisioned a cute, goregous little cherub if I had a daughter. But I just don't think she's a looker. I've never told anyone this, including my husband. But I need to get it out! It's eating me up!! I feel like such a bad mom!! Aren't I supposed to think she's the cutest being on the face of the earth?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 31, 2012 at 7:01 PM
Replies (131-138):
LMommy0413
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:40 AM

I think she is absolutely beautiful!!!! Dirty....lol..... but really beautiful!!!!

Quoting emt088:

My gangster baby.. LMAO

Around 12 months here, with chocolate animal cracker on her face... and finally..

my gorgeous girl ;)

ETA:  oops.. meant to quote my original post in that.. I told you id post pics of my ugly duckling.   Shes getting cuter as she grows in her hair, but still not a stunning beauty IMO. She has this weird little mullet deal going on, but theres just not enough to cut yet..

mcr17
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:42 AM

you're probably right.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:47 AM

that's so sad her own mother thinks that about her. Please keep in mind, most children at that age are not cute, it's like they are at an awkward age where they just lose the cuteness. Most do gain it back by their teen years... And there has to be something about her that you find cute, whether it be her personality? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:48 AM
I was a beautiful baby, very ugly toddler, beautiful 8 year old, looked like an odd skeletal 12 year old, plus I was a tom boy. 13 rolled around, and I must tell you, from what everyone and their mother tells me, I get more and more beautiful as I get older.

I'm 26 now, and I don't really agree... I find myself attractive, but everyone thinks I'm beyond gorgeous. I just see the imperfections.. Laugh lines, forehead lines slightly appearing, stretch marks from having children...

But I also think the beauty inside of me outshines everything else...

Just be thankful you have a healthy and happy child
NDADanceMom
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:51 AM

My oldest had a not so pretty phase.  I seriously was sad =(

SHes lovely now though. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:52 AM
I don't think my son is cute either.
lilblu399
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:54 AM
As long as you're not saying it to her, then I won't judge. I have a 14mo and people stop to fawn over her. I've overheard a mom tell her daughter, "Why you had to be ugly." My heart broke for that little girl. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:54 AM
I lmao when I read that too lol!!

Quoting charliebean:

Lol, toady! I've never heard that before. :P

Quoting justgracie:

Meh.  Kids go through stages.  Some stages are cute and some aren't.  I really wouldn't worry about.  My daughter who was an interesting looking toddler is an absolute stunner today.  In fact she now can't go anywhere without someone telling her she looks exactly like the girl from Brave.  My daughter who was the worlds prettiest toddler had some real toady years as a young teen.  She is also gorgeous now.  Don't beat yourself up.  And don't worry about it.  She is going to change a million more times.  Your job is to love her through all of it and give her the confidence to get through it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured