Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My "odd" habit..

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:23 AM
  • 92 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am OCD about picking out my split ends. Its terrible. When I drive I have to make sure my hair is pulled back. It distracts me. I even just went andchopped off my hair. AND I STILL HAVE THEM!

lol Ive been doing it since I was about 11.  Anyone else have this weird habit?

by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
couponluv72
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:24 AM

i run my hand through my hair repetitively. had lice once about 12 years ago and ever since i am always apparently still looking for those damn bugs

Sweetlemonlove
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:25 AM
I pick at things I have ocd too. Blah. It's annoying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TugBoatMama
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:26 AM
I do the exact same thing and I have trichotillomania as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tth328
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:26 AM
I used to have hair down to my butt and it was easier to pick at my split ends.. I used to see how far it can go without completely splitting lol I just chopped it all off so now I can barely put it in a ponytail let alone pick at it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephy87
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Idk if it's a habit but I play with my hair a lot. I do DV videos and in all my videos, I irritate myself with that. Ugh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalaboosh
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:28 AM
I scratch my head for no reason. It sucks, i'll pick a hole in my head. I need to calm down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:28 AM
I pick at my scalp, it's really fucked up and disgusting, ditto that for the skin on my fingers.

LOL OCD!

:|
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Quoting TugBoatMama:

I do the exact same thing and I have trichotillomania as well.

Really? I do that with my arm hair or the loose hair in my eyebrows. Like I pluck them out with my fingers. just enough for the ones that are shedding to come out. I used to pull my hair out of my head but just to look for split ends. Not enough for there to be missing spots or anything though.

LovelyBugs
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:29 AM

when I eat starbursts i open the package and then arrange them in order...red, pink, orange and yellow if there is an extra of a color I throw it away...when I eat them I fold the paper back up and put it back in the wrapper...DH use to fuck me up when he would take two...its like I couldnt eat them if it wasnt like that and DH thought it was the funniest thing because I would look so lost 

Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on Jun. 1, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Quoting tth328:

I used to have hair down to my butt and it was easier to pick at my split ends.. I used to see how far it can go without completely splitting lol I just chopped it all off so now I can barely put it in a ponytail let alone pick at it.

Yeah my hair was almost that long. They cut 18 inches off just a week ago. But I still have split ends, probably because I straighten it so much

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)