Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Names spin-off ... You called my son WHAT???

Posted by   + Show Post

So, the BoyChild's real name is Kevin. His middle name is Patrick (which he pronounces as pack-tricks, which I think is super cute) ... 

My uncle REFUSES to call him Kevin. He's called my son Patrick since the day he was born. Now this is the same uncle who heard me complain for YEARS that my grandmother called me Cindy-Ann instead of just Cindy. (yeah, my real name's Cindy) I was constantly telling her that Ann was my MIDDLE name, not a hyphenated first name. He agreed with me wholeheartedly.

Every time he calls me son Patrick I seriously want to break his nose. For real. Why would he do that you ask? "I like the name Patrick better." Ok, that's great, maybe when you and your 400lb wife (I'm SO not kidding there) have a kid you can call HIM Patrick. But that is not my son's name. Stop it. Just STOP IT. 

by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 7:53 AM
Replies (21-29):
gumbeme06
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:20 AM
Eh... Uncles are suppose to be annoying... Mine always calls me Becky (my name is Sara and my middle name is not Becky ha ha) because he begged my mom to name me that.... Im not one to let small things bother me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:21 AM

My cousin called my oldest son Jordan, "Jordy" for a long ass time. I fucking hated it.  I felt like I was going to turn into the incredible hulk every time she said it.

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:24 AM

all the men in my family go by their middle names ...but if thats not what you intended yea i would be mad 

AnnieMcD
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:26 AM

That would irritate me too, but not quite as much. I just don't understand people's needs to disrespect what a parent wishes to call their child. 

Quoting TrouserMouse:

My cousin called my oldest son Jordan, "Jordy" for a long ass time. I fucking hated it.  I felt like I was going to turn into the incredible hulk every time she said it.

epoh
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha that's BT's middle name and he hates it too.

Quoting AnnieMcD:

I really should, his middle name is Eugene, and he hates it. 

Quoting danie24:

Start calling him by his middle name, instead of his first.

And do it in all seriousness. Don't stop until he stops being such a child

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:40 AM

It would have been easier if she called him "Michael", his middle name...lol.  Jordy isn't even a real name.  It sounds so stupid.

Although, back then, there was this little kid rap song that came out and he was from France.  It started off with him saying in his little French accent, "My name is Jordy and I am 5."  I have no idea how he actually spelled his name, but that was cute.

Quoting AnnieMcD:

That would irritate me too, but not quite as much. I just don't understand people's needs to disrespect what a parent wishes to call their child. 

Quoting TrouserMouse:

britngavin
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Yep, it would bug me too. My son's name is Gavin Michael. I purposely gave my son a first & middle name that he could go by either one if he decided he didn't like one of them. We call him Gavin, it's always been Gavin(okay so his nickname is Monkey, but that's besides the point, lol). One of my friends kept calling him Mike. It took me months to get him to quit call him Mike. 

mommaslilmen
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:59 AM

personally i find myself calling my kids by either their first names or their middle names. if they choose to go by their middle names later in life i will not be suprised, my mil started the habbit and its been hard to stop

mommaslilmen
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:01 AM

my oldest is hunter eugene, i call him either hunter or gene. my paternal grandfather is carl eugene and goes by gene. it wasnt until i was almost 20 that i found out that gene wasn't his first name!

Quoting epoh:

Haha that's BT's middle name and he hates it too.

Quoting AnnieMcD:

I really should, his middle name is Eugene, and he hates it. 

Quoting danie24:

Start calling him by his middle name, instead of his first.

And do it in all seriousness. Don't stop until he stops being such a child

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)