Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What does someone on PA look like?

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:47 AM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this
Well ugh... I guess I fit the description. .....

So I was at the grocery store last night with my 6 yr old picking up some breakfast food and dinner for the next 2 days ( until I do my full groceries) and I also picked up 2 boxes of ice cream cookies 2 liter of Dr. Pepper and fruit roll ups.

I'm 25 years old, some would say I look about 19-20. So I'm in line and there's this elderly woman behind me mumbling words. I empty my carriage and prepare to pay. At this point the carriage is behind me. She begins to push her cart against mine, I look at her an she says " hurry up pay for the food with the goverments money."
I could not believe she said that, I completely ignored her, the cashier asked me how many bag I would like ( to bag my groceries) I said 5 please and this little woman says "Ha foodstamp can't buy you bags"
Wow!! I proceeded to pay for my things with my bank card and continued to the bagging station. At this point my Dd was kinda acting up since it was pass her bedtime. I simply tell her to cut it out. The woman passes me and says "pathetic"

I felt kinda hurt and bullied, I never said anything to her because she was old and might have had a mental issue going on. You never really know who you are dealing with.

But wow that experience was awful. :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
militarywife09
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:49 AM
I don't care who you are, you disrespect me I'll tell you off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_diva_
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow!!! I def would have asked her not to be so rude. U can always speak your mind and still be respectful of others. That was very rude of her no matter what age she was. Geez. Talk about grumpy old ladies :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelissaMaye
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Wow. i would have gotten arrested b/c I'd have given that woman a serious what-for in front of God and everybody. Kudos to you for keeping your cool.

Esther_peter
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Like dats serious
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Very rude of her.. Sorry girl :/ I commend you for not cussing out a granny bc she was probably senile. Misery loves company.. Why be miserable with her? She probably doesn't even remember saying it. Don't worry about it, mama.
jonellg
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow, what a bitch cudos for not slapping her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)