Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We lease our furniture from a company, we pay them about $220 a month, broken off into weekly payments. I haven't been able to make it in due to my work schedule (they open at 10 and close at 6. I work from 10-7 M-F, they aren't open weekends). I called them a few weeks ago and said I'd go in on June 1 (which is today) to make the payment that I owe.
However, they have this one female who works there who literally calls EVERY DAY. In fact, she called numerous times a day. Yesterday I got home from work and she had called SIX times from 10-6. She even called a reference of mine and demanded to know why we weren't answering our phones. My friend told her I work all day amd the chick got snappy with her.
So is this considered harassment?

Britney- Mommy to Ashton (6) Chloe (4)and Bethany (1)

EBF, ERF , Co-sleeping, baby wearing, cloth diapering momma!

by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Replies (11-19):
couponluv72
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 8:59 AM

only if you tell her to stop contacting you by phone, usually has to be in writing and if she persists then its harassment

right now they are concerned about a delinquent account getting paid. most companies call you like nuts when you are late paying

Quoting bowribbonmama:

We lease our furniture from a company, we pay them about $220 a month, broken off into weekly payments. I haven't been able to make it in due to my work schedule (they open at 10 and close at 6. I work from 10-7 M-F, they aren't open weekends). I called them a few weeks ago and said I'd go in on June 1 (which is today) to make the payment that I owe.
However, they have this one female who works there who literally calls EVERY DAY. In fact, she called numerous times a day. Yesterday I got home from work and she had called SIX times from 10-6. She even called a reference of mine and demanded to know why we weren't answering our phones. My friend told her I work all day amd the chick got snappy with her.
So is this considered harassment?

My happiness is me, not you. Not only because you may be temporary, But also because you want me to be What I am not. I cannot be happy when i change Merely to satisfy your selfishness. Nor can I feel content when you Criticize me for not thinking your thoughts. Or for seeing like you do. You call me a rebel. And yet each time I have rejected your beliefs, You have rebelled against mine. I do not try ot mold your mind. I know you are trying hard enough , To be just you. And I cannot allow you to tell me what to be For I am concentrating on being me. You said that I was transparent, And easily forgotten. Why then did you try to use my lifetime, to prove to yourself who YOU are? -by Michelle from a leo buscaglia book

AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Well, its not your furniture so I can see why they are a little agitated. Your schedule means nothing to them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Simmer down. She asked a question I answered it. I still say calling six times plus the reference is excessive. It's over the top.

Quoting JADIEBUG:

They get that excuse all the time. Do you think credit cards, electric bills or any other bill accept the "Well I am going to pay you on the 2nd" excuse. They have a right to collect the late payment or collect the furniture.

Quoting moosesmom:

I say yes. Only because...you've given them a heads up on the situation. If someone made note of it (clearly they didn't) then she shouldn't be calling you. She should have waited until after today to make a call of you didn't show. Even then six times?? Excessive.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Why not pay it over the phone if you have a debit card or take it to them on your lunch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I asked them about that option and they said no. I can't leave my workplace during lunch.

Quoting Mazie0723:

Why not pay it over the phone if you have a debit card or take it to them on your lunch.

Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:06 AM
I've never heard of a place not taking payment over the phone. And why can't you leave? You're not a prisoner. Lol

Quoting bowribbonmama:

I asked them about that option and they said no. I can't leave my workplace during lunch.

Quoting Mazie0723:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:08 AM

It's mostly because I don't drive, I have to rely on buses. It'd take me over an hour to get to the place and back to my work, my lunch is only 30 mintutes.
I just got lucky and had today booked off.

Quoting Mazie0723:

I've never heard of a place not taking payment over the phone. And why can't you leave? You're not a prisoner. Lol

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Quoting Mazie0723:

Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:15 AM
I'd suggest to them to get a night drop box for payments.

Quoting bowribbonmama:

It's mostly because I don't drive, I have to rely on buses. It'd take me over an hour to get to the place and back to my work, my lunch is only 30 mintutes.
I just got lucky and had today booked off.

Quoting Mazie0723:

Quoting bowribbonmama:

Quoting Mazie0723:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:46 AM

We had this problem once. Call the store manager and complain. Mention that if it continues, you will call coperate. If you made arrangements for payment on a certain day, they should not call you until the day after the payment was scheduled to be made.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)