Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Non vaxing moms, I wanna know what you think we should do. EDIT*... **EDIT 2- There are NO alternatives to vaccines.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So, you women who think vaccines are bad, tell me what we should do instead. If tomorrow we threw away all vaccines, what would your plan be?

Should we A- rely on healthy eating and exercise? All organic, no hormones in meats, get out and exercise? Because that obviously worked really well in the past, right? Before fast food, sugary sodas and coffee drinks, sedentary lifestyles. Back when people worked out on the farms and all food was organic. People died from diseases in much higher numbers than they do today.

Or should we B- let people catch these diseases and just treat them with antibiotics or supplemental hospital care. Yeah, that's a great plan. Allow the bacteria and viruses to build up a resistance to antibiotics and become superbugs. That sounds like a legit plan.

So really, what should we do? You rely on the parents who vaccinate now to keep the illnesses at bay but if we didn't do anything to control disease, they would become epidemics.

Don't post any bullshit pictures of babies after getting vaccines because I can play that game too. Have you ever seen a person die from tetanus? It's a really shitty death and guess where you can catch it?- a rusty playground. Don't copy and paste some bullshit from some website run by fanatical housewives or extremists of any sort. If you have something to say, I want you to back it up with references to actual scholarly journals with data that has been tested and retested.

Go.

*EDIT*-Ok, ladies, let's try to focus. I'm not asking about Autism or who vaxes and who doesn't or why. I am asking what the non vaxing parents think we, as a society, should do instead? What do u think is our best option?

So far all we've gotten is to wash hands and to just get everyone else to vax so the few can benefit from herd immunity. Neither one is viable. So...what else is there? Edit 2- So, after almost 200 responses, not one person could list an actual worthwhile alternative option to vaccinating. MOMMY2ZOEBETH had the best answer "A better alternative would be to have all these people on both sides of this "debate" start barking down the throats of the drug companies,the CDC and the FDA and force them to have more stringent requirements for vaccine safety and reformulate when it is found that a vaccine contains additives that can adversely affect so many consumers." I can respect that. Thanks for all the responses, ladies! If anyone can think of anything better, please feel free to post.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 1, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:38 AM
It isn't a waiver, it's a permission slip. Anytime you give a child an injection of any type you have to document the parent said it's ok. It's a formality.

Quoting angevil53:

and i don't understand why people say you have to sign a waiver to get them, i never have signed ANYTHING for the vaxes my children received. but you do have to sign a waiver for non-vaxed kids to go to school.

Momof5kids84
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:38 AM
I read an article off of fox news that a study showed that there are higher autism rates in children with fathers over 35. I don't know. There are a lot of coincidences to me in studies. They haven't found a medical link yet.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't like when people say vaccines cause autism because there are people who have never given their kids a vaccine and they still have autism.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I said what I said because you requested that people NOT react a certain way...so you were looking for specific scientific or reasonable reasons as to why moms don't vaccinanate.

And,  i vaccinate. because i have to. or my kids can't go to school..

but i don't get flu shots every year just because a new flu strain comes out.

I don't believe that vaccinations will protect you from everything, and pumping a bunch of chemicals into your body to avoid getting the flu is just silly. Simple things you can do to avoid getting these evolving flus. stay inside, if everyone around you is getting sick. wash your hands. wear a mask. wear gloves if you have to. 

just like taking pills for headaches can eventually wear thin, and not work...so can vaccinations. it takes ONE strain of vaccinations to be horribly wrong, and then you have an epidemic that was not planned, and thousands of people are now sick because of it.

it's bad enough we have a zillion chemicals in the food we eat and air we breathe.

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't be daft. I didn't ask for a thesis. I asked what non vaxers think we should do instead of vaccinate. I asked for scientific proof to back up claims, not some stupid unsupported website information. I'm not expecting "some sort of medical breakthrough debacle", I'm expecting women who profess the horrors of vaccines to give me a legit alternative. Since they've obviously done extensive research.

You sound like a non vaxer, what's your answer?

Quoting Anonymous:

This isn't a science debate team website...is it?

you're asking for scientific explanations from moms with opinions. Sure, there might be a few who would take the time to write a thesis on why vaccinations are bad....

but you're seriously expecting this to turn into some sort of medical breakthrough debacle?

I'm sure if you've studied your theories, you've studied the other side too.

No sense in debating.

Here, have a picture.

and 

JadedFaerie
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Actually, hardly half of the diseases we see today, existed 1000yrs ago, or even 200yrs ago. People still lived lazy life styles then, and normally, the ones that died, were those who were foolish.

militarywife09
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Lol I love this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Ok. So you're saying we should just wash our hands more and that will control and prevent disease? Or do you have another alternative? Knowing how bacteria and viruses work doesn't prevent disease.

Quoting alwayskk:

Oh Jesus. 100 years ago, we didn't have highly developed sanitation systems, indoor plumbing, the ability to wash our hands with hot running water in basically any home or building, nor could we go to the grocery store and find every type of food available anywhere in the entire world, and our understanding of germ theory was only in its infancy.

Common sense, dude.

superm0m877
by Gold Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:40 AM
2 moms liked this

This!!

Quoting alwayskk:

Oh Jesus. 100 years ago, we didn't have highly developed sanitation systems, indoor plumbing, the ability to wash our hands with hot running water in basically any home or building, nor could we go to the grocery store and find every type of food available anywhere in the entire world, and our understanding of germ theory was only in its infancy.

Common sense, dude.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:41 AM
2 moms liked this
I just want to know .... Is there a zombie vaccine?
notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:41 AM
2 moms liked this

Well according to the majority they are not poisonous and people who vaccinate do so to protect their children. It's not forced. I did my reasearch and I just would rather not vaccinate. I don't think they cause autism and I believe the severe side effects are rare but still, the current vaccination rate is high which give us the barrier we need to not have to vaccinate ourselves.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you have no other options? So, effectively you would rather poison the majority to save a few? You tell others not to vax but you prefer the majority to essentially kill themselves and their children slowly rather than present a viable alternative? That's very humanistic and compassionate of you. Do you teach your children that human life is expendable as long as it's not their own as well?

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

I think we should keep vaccines. You people who vaccinate keep my unvaccinated children from being at risk of catching anything so it's a win/win for us. We don't have to inject ourselves thanks to people who do vaccinate and we're also not at risk of catching them either.

alwayskk
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Frequent, thorough hand washing can prevent the spread of most diseases. Even my vaccine-pushing former pediatrician acknowledges poor hygiene and sanitation is the number cause of the spread of disease.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ok. So you're saying we should just wash our hands more and that will control and prevent disease? Or do you have another alternative? Knowing how bacteria and viruses work doesn't prevent disease.

Quoting alwayskk:

Common sense, dude.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)