Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHM that hates calling

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am a sahm that hates making phone calls in regards to paying bills, talking to our landlord, making doctor appointments etc. I rather have my husband deal with those things. I'm capable and probably better at it than my husband, but I feel like as a husband that is his role as head of the household. anyone else feel this way or have similar views on husband and wife roles? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Replies (21-30):
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:23 AM
No. I do that stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:24 AM

No, i am also a SAHM. My husband works all day at his job. he doesnt, or rarely has enough time to call and be on hold somewhere. It is something i take care of, even though i dont care for it, because it is much more reasonable for me to do it.

MrsRobinson06
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Thats just laziness. No one likes doing that stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2theboy1994
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:26 AM

If I didn't make calls, things would never happen, lol. I don't think it's a gender/head of house role. I think it usually falls on the person with the most time to get it done. And in my house that would be me, lol.

BamaMommy2
by Angel.N.Disguise on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I *hate* talking on the phone, sometimes I don't even bother to answer it.

FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:27 AM

I hate doing it too. We don't have husband and wife roles, especially considering that we are lesbians. However, DW also hates doing these things. She hates it more than I do, so I wind up doing it. 

HaloWithHorns78
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:28 AM
It doesn't bother me. In fact I'm the one who takes care of most of it. I pay the bills and make phone calls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2littledaisies
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I'm the same way, I'll do it if I HAVE too but I make DH order pizza even lol.. As long as he's home that is. I'd never make him do something like that if he wasn't around.   I hate calling any companies to sort out a messed up bill or anything like that.. I don't know I get phone anxiety in general even with family,friends, etc.. I blame it on technology and texting .. I wasn't always like this lol I think its because I've been able to skirt around social situations via text and not having to make an actual phone call like people used to have to. 

bchic24
by Gold Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:28 AM

My husband does all that

10yrsapart9505
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Wow....Im really shocked.  I would go absolutely insane if I was not the one in charge of Dr visits/bill paying/finances...all that stuff.  I can't imagine not doing it myself. (of course this is probably because i've been handling everything since i was 16....and i dont like "change" lol)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured