Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ridiculous I have to lie in a free country!!!! ~*EDIT*~

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1393 Replies
36 moms liked this
Its ridiculous that in a FREE COUNTRY I have to LIE. I wish my state had philosophical vaccine exemptions, but they don't. So i'm forced to claim religious. Whatever. Its illegal for them to question and deny me.
Anyways. I felt stupid at the ped today. He respects my choice, but out of curiosity asked why. After my last experience of being honest, I decided to say "its against our religion"... Ha
Then he asks me what religion. I must have looked like a deer in the headlights. I blurted out Baptist. He said he didn't realized Baptist believed that way, so I had to think quick and I said it was just our interpretation of things. Luckily he left it at that.
I hate lying. I'm NOT good at it. Lol

And yes, i'm posting anon because I don't need my inbox flooded with stupidity.

Thanks for the laughs ladies!! I just LOVE the conclusions everyone jumps to. No where did I say I don't vax because of autism or Jenny McCarthy. ROFL.
You call me uneducated and tell me I should do research, but you have no idea what led me to the decision to not vaccinate my children. Do you enjoy name calling? Does it make you feel good about yourself?

About my OP, it has been brought to my attention that I am not in fact lying to get my exemption. Vaccinations go against my beliefs.
I did, however, choose to lie to the pediatrician. Yep, you got me there. God, i'm horrible. Either way, i'm not vaccinating and he wouldn't have been able to change my mind. AFTER I stated my lie, is when he said he respected my choice. Hallelujah!!
The last pediatrician I went to, I WAS honest with and I got a lecture and talked down to like an uninformed child. I was attempting to avoid that situation, and instead but myself in another awkward position. Lol. OOPS.

The decision not to vax my children was not made lightly. I spent Alot of time soul searching and informing myself. This is the best decision FOR MY FAMILY.
I'm not spewing "antivaccine propaganda" nor trying to convince anyone to live the way I do. I was sharing my funny story.

So, to those of you who wish to continue bashing me, carry on. This ol girl feels 100% confident in her choice, and your just making yourselves look foolish!! =)
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NDADanceMom
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:58 PM
76 moms liked this

Actually I dont think it should be forced.  I think darwin has it right.  I wish more people wouldnt vax.  resources are stretched.

T-HoneyLuv
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 5:00 PM
25 moms liked this
Uh-oh.... I am Baptist and fully vaxed my kids. Damn it, I am not doing it right!!!!! Lol * just teasin
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 1, 2012 at 5:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Lol.. Busted!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 1, 2012 at 5:01 PM
6 moms liked this

We have to lie about it as well and here they made it extremely difficult to get the exemption. you have to go to the health dept and get an exemption letter from their Dr saying that you were "counselled" on the pros and cons of vaccines. When I went they made me wait in a crowded, gross waiting room for 2 1/2 hours, calling may people that came in after me without appts first to get it and were pretty rude about it. As soon as I went to the front desk saying I felt like I was being discriminated against based on religious beliefs they magically had the time to give me my paperwork which took less than 1 minute. I have heard from others they were treated similarly.

I don't like lying either - that is actually against my religon but when it comes ot my childrens health and well being so be it.

Adamswifeypoo08
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 5:04 PM
97 moms liked this

you dont HAVE to lie...you CHOOSE to lie

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 1, 2012 at 5:06 PM
41 moms liked this
I do HAVE to. Otherwise, my child can't go to school.
I refuse to do something I don't believe in.
In a FREE COUNTRY I shouldn't feel like I need to lie. I should be able to claim my philosophical exemption and be on my way.

Quoting Adamswifeypoo08:

you dont HAVE to lie...you CHOOSE to lie

college.mom
by Mindi on Jun. 1, 2012 at 5:06 PM
7 moms liked this
Move to a state that has your reasoning
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 1, 2012 at 5:09 PM
72 moms liked this

You should have said "We are athiest, and I dont want the devil vaccine to consume my child."

that would have made him ask no questions. lol!

couponluv72
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 5:09 PM
10 moms liked this

i agree that people should not have to lie to exempt their child out from vaccinations

Not_A_Native
by Platinum Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 5:09 PM
279 moms liked this

Personally, I don't think there should be religious exemptions.  You don't want to vaccinate, fine - send your kid to private school or homeschool him/her.

And since they DO allow religous exemptions, I'd say they should have to be signed by a religious leader.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured