Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ridiculous I have to lie in a free country!!!! ~*EDIT*~

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Its ridiculous that in a FREE COUNTRY I have to LIE. I wish my state had philosophical vaccine exemptions, but they don't. So i'm forced to claim religious. Whatever. Its illegal for them to question and deny me.
Anyways. I felt stupid at the ped today. He respects my choice, but out of curiosity asked why. After my last experience of being honest, I decided to say "its against our religion"... Ha
Then he asks me what religion. I must have looked like a deer in the headlights. I blurted out Baptist. He said he didn't realized Baptist believed that way, so I had to think quick and I said it was just our interpretation of things. Luckily he left it at that.
I hate lying. I'm NOT good at it. Lol

And yes, i'm posting anon because I don't need my inbox flooded with stupidity.

Thanks for the laughs ladies!! I just LOVE the conclusions everyone jumps to. No where did I say I don't vax because of autism or Jenny McCarthy. ROFL.
You call me uneducated and tell me I should do research, but you have no idea what led me to the decision to not vaccinate my children. Do you enjoy name calling? Does it make you feel good about yourself?

About my OP, it has been brought to my attention that I am not in fact lying to get my exemption. Vaccinations go against my beliefs.
I did, however, choose to lie to the pediatrician. Yep, you got me there. God, i'm horrible. Either way, i'm not vaccinating and he wouldn't have been able to change my mind. AFTER I stated my lie, is when he said he respected my choice. Hallelujah!!
The last pediatrician I went to, I WAS honest with and I got a lecture and talked down to like an uninformed child. I was attempting to avoid that situation, and instead but myself in another awkward position. Lol. OOPS.

The decision not to vax my children was not made lightly. I spent Alot of time soul searching and informing myself. This is the best decision FOR MY FAMILY.
I'm not spewing "antivaccine propaganda" nor trying to convince anyone to live the way I do. I was sharing my funny story.

So, to those of you who wish to continue bashing me, carry on. This ol girl feels 100% confident in her choice, and your just making yourselves look foolish!! =)
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Replies (71-80):
Mrs.Worthen
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:02 PM
3 moms liked this
Haha that's so funny. (= I mean it's crap you had to lie but the deer in the headlights thing was priceless
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ekralevich
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:04 PM

LOL

Quoting LectioDivina:

I'm sorry, who are you?

If you read the label I was not talking about you was I ? ...

Quoting ekralevich:

WOW.......I read the label and it doesn't stop me from vaxing my kids.  Plus, you did a crappy job of making a jab back at her.  LOL

Quoting LectioDivina:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Actually I dont think it should be forced.  I think darwin has it right.  I wish more people wouldnt vax.  resources are stretched.

Isn't it sad how many stupid parents just inject their child with whatever is offered without even reading the label?

Sad...

LectioDivina
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Where did I say I don't vax?

I inferred that reading the ingredients and knowing the success rate was extremely important .

My children are vaxed very close to the Schedule in France save for the Influenza vaccines.

Quoting Momniscient:

How do you justify not vaccinating?

Quoting LectioDivina:

Where did I say anything like that?

Quoting Momniscient:

That vaccine preventable disease was declining and would just 'go away' naturally (apparently ignoring epidemiological science all together) that vaccine preventable disease didn't 'really' do harm and that washing your hands and eating organic produce will keep one safe from tetanus Or pertussis or stop polio in its tracks.
Jonas Salk should have consulted you before completing his work.
Quoting LectioDivina:

lol like what?

Quoting Momniscient:

Or take pseudo science as gospel?

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Quoting LectioDivina:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Actually I dont think it should be forced.  I think darwin has it right.  I wish more people wouldnt vax.  resources are stretched.

Isn't it sad how many stupid parents just inject their child with whatever is offered without even reading the label?

Sad...

Or the parents that listen to a playboy bunny with her fake autistic kid?

briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:07 PM
7 moms liked this

Your logic makes no sense. If your kids are vaxed, they won't be at risk from those kids that are "more prone to disease." Actually, YOUR kids are the threat to the unvaxed kids, because some vaccinations use live viruses.

Quoting Anonymous:

It should be a free counrty,  I should be free to send my vaxxed kids to school with kids that aren't more prone to desease but I have to live with it so you can too!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:08 PM
5 moms liked this

You could homeschool. You could choose a private school. You don't HAVE to lie any more than you HAVE to send your child to public school.

Quoting Anonymous:

I do HAVE to. Otherwise, my child can't go to school.
I refuse to do something I don't believe in.
In a FREE COUNTRY I shouldn't feel like I need to lie. I should be able to claim my philosophical exemption and be on my way.

Quoting Adamswifeypoo08:

you dont HAVE to lie...you CHOOSE to lie

LectioDivina
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:10 PM

You seem to of misinterpreted what my convictions are in the first place, So perhaps you misinterpreted my emotions as well.

Quoting Momniscient:

Lol. Whoooioooiiish

Society vax's and the end result is beneficial for society. Those that choose not to vax are ultimately relying (whether they can face it or not) on the compliance of others to keep their children relatively safe from vaccine preventable disease.

When one rudely and sarcastically tries to 'convince ' others she is right and they should understand her way as being best thereby putting her own unvaced children who are more important than society at even greater risk... I question the courage of their convictions.

Quoting LectioDivina:

America doesn't Go By the WHO's recommendations, we go by the CDC's recommendations. They Are the same a lot, but not all the time, and not on every vax.

I don't know what there is to be insecure about in this conversation...That emotion just didn't pop up for me...lol I might be zealous...

Quoting Momniscient:

You seem so... Zealous. And insecure.

I'm sure the WHO is a bunch of money hungry assholes except when it comes to their breast feeding recommendations. Lol.

Quoting LectioDivina:

So sad that other countries are outright banning vaxes that this money driven country is still promoting...

We need to see A LOT of deaths happen before we stop injecting our kids with something that's had a bad track record at preventing the disease anyway...

Crazy almost....

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Uh huh.

Quoting LectioDivina:

You seem to of misinterpreted what my convictions are in the first place, So perhaps you misinterpreted my emotions as well.

Quoting Momniscient:

Lol. Whoooioooiiish

Society vax's and the end result is beneficial for society. Those that choose not to vax are ultimately relying (whether they can face it or not) on the compliance of others to keep their children relatively safe from vaccine preventable disease.

When one rudely and sarcastically tries to 'convince ' others she is right and they should understand her way as being best thereby putting her own unvaced children who are more important than society at even greater risk... I question the courage of their convictions.

Quoting LectioDivina:

America doesn't Go By the WHO's recommendations, we go by the CDC's recommendations. They Are the same a lot, but not all the time, and not on every vax.

I don't know what there is to be insecure about in this conversation...That emotion just didn't pop up for me...lol I might be zealous...

Quoting Momniscient:

You seem so... Zealous. And insecure.

I'm sure the WHO is a bunch of money hungry assholes except when it comes to their breast feeding recommendations. Lol.

Quoting LectioDivina:

So sad that other countries are outright banning vaxes that this money driven country is still promoting...

We need to see A LOT of deaths happen before we stop injecting our kids with something that's had a bad track record at preventing the disease anyway...

Crazy almost....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Derpa derp derpa yarp yarp...that's all I have to say!

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Your logic makes no sense. If your kids are vaxed, they won't be at risk from those kids that are "more prone to disease." Actually, YOUR kids are the threat to the unvaxed kids, because some vaccinations use live viruses.

Quoting Anonymous:

It should be a free counrty,  I should be free to send my vaxxed kids to school with kids that aren't more prone to desease but I have to live with it so you can too!

briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:12 PM
4 moms liked this

I'm not surprised.

Unintelligent people tend to come up with unintelligent replies.

Quoting Anonymous:

Derpa derp derpa yarp yarp...that's all I have to say!

Quoting briansmommy2010:

Quoting Anonymous:

LectioDivina
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Momniscient:

Uh huh.

Quoting LectioDivina:

Quoting Momniscient:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN