Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ridiculous I have to lie in a free country!!!! ~*EDIT*~

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Its ridiculous that in a FREE COUNTRY I have to LIE. I wish my state had philosophical vaccine exemptions, but they don't. So i'm forced to claim religious. Whatever. Its illegal for them to question and deny me.
Anyways. I felt stupid at the ped today. He respects my choice, but out of curiosity asked why. After my last experience of being honest, I decided to say "its against our religion"... Ha
Then he asks me what religion. I must have looked like a deer in the headlights. I blurted out Baptist. He said he didn't realized Baptist believed that way, so I had to think quick and I said it was just our interpretation of things. Luckily he left it at that.
I hate lying. I'm NOT good at it. Lol

And yes, i'm posting anon because I don't need my inbox flooded with stupidity.

Thanks for the laughs ladies!! I just LOVE the conclusions everyone jumps to. No where did I say I don't vax because of autism or Jenny McCarthy. ROFL.
You call me uneducated and tell me I should do research, but you have no idea what led me to the decision to not vaccinate my children. Do you enjoy name calling? Does it make you feel good about yourself?

About my OP, it has been brought to my attention that I am not in fact lying to get my exemption. Vaccinations go against my beliefs.
I did, however, choose to lie to the pediatrician. Yep, you got me there. God, i'm horrible. Either way, i'm not vaccinating and he wouldn't have been able to change my mind. AFTER I stated my lie, is when he said he respected my choice. Hallelujah!!
The last pediatrician I went to, I WAS honest with and I got a lecture and talked down to like an uninformed child. I was attempting to avoid that situation, and instead but myself in another awkward position. Lol. OOPS.

The decision not to vax my children was not made lightly. I spent Alot of time soul searching and informing myself. This is the best decision FOR MY FAMILY.
I'm not spewing "antivaccine propaganda" nor trying to convince anyone to live the way I do. I was sharing my funny story.

So, to those of you who wish to continue bashing me, carry on. This ol girl feels 100% confident in her choice, and your just making yourselves look foolish!! =)
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 1, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Replies (91-100):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Jun. 2, 2012 at 12:43 AM
3 moms liked this

I claim religious exemption without hesitation, under religious basis. I am also baptist. My belief is that God has entrusted me to make the best decisions possible for my daughter's health and well-being. With the research I have done that means not vaccinating as regularly recommended and not doing certain vaccines at all. I believe it. I'm not lying.

Ireallydontcare
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 12:48 AM

That is nothing new.

Quoting Anonymous:

She is being insulting.

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you mean?

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Actually I dont think it should be forced.  I think darwin has it right.  I wish more people wouldnt vax.  resources are stretched.

Crunchy Ideas

Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Jun. 2, 2012 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this

This is an even bigger fail than the original post.

Quoting Anonymous:

Funny. My kids ARE vaxed but I told thier school it's against our religion because I'm sick of being nagged if I fall behind.

DuchessScrat
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this

She's contracted to hop back onto the cover of Playboy again in this July.  That will really make everyone take her seriously.  eye rolling

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Quoting LectioDivina:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Actually I dont think it should be forced.  I think darwin has it right.  I wish more people wouldnt vax.  resources are stretched.

Isn't it sad how many stupid parents just inject their child with whatever is offered without even reading the label?

Sad...

Or the parents that listen to a playboy bunny with her fake autistic kid?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Jun. 2, 2012 at 12:54 AM
8 moms liked this

I don't care if you don't want to vax your own child that's your choice. But I have a problem with people useing religion as a way to get around a rule. I dont think kids who are not vaxed should go to school with kids who are. I choose to protect me child. If you dont want to fine but I think its wrong to put my child at risk. Why do you think there are outbreaks of disease that have not been around for ages. If you have an unvaxed kid they can carry a disease sometimes with my symptoms. If they encounter a child that has not had that vax yet like a young child or infant that child can get it. Its unsafe. And fucking stupid to put your child a risk. 

Ireallydontcare
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 12:55 AM
12 moms liked this

I am sorry, but this has to be one of the most uneducated posts in this entire thread.

First of all, if your precious vaccines worked, what do you have to worry about? Little Jonny and Peggie would be protected. Right? RIGHT?

Do some research before you TRY and have an intelligent debate. The most recent outbreaks of Whopping cough were among THE VACCINATED sweet cheeks. Look it up...Deal with the FACTS. I believe it was 87% or maybe it was 83% of the people who had it WERE THE VACCINATED. Yeah, your KOOLAID drinking cronies and you are snowed.

Quoting Anonymous:

I so agree with you. The private school by me still requires you be vaxed. OP way to speed around stuff to other kids. Later year at my kids school they had a whooping cough outbreak. I hope your kids don't get it and spread it to others.

Quoting GoRed:

Thanks for not considering the well being of the community, and helping the herd immunity.  Unless there is a medical reason for not getting vaccinated, then you should stay away from the rest of us.  And there is no law stating that you have to be vaccinated. you just have to be vaccinated in order to attend public schools, BECAUSE THAT IS IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE COMMUNITY.  

Crunchy Ideas

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Jun. 2, 2012 at 1:05 AM
3 moms liked this

This shit just makes you sound stupid.  Why is it that if a parent doesn't vaccinate it is because they have been listening to Jenny McCarthy?  I see this in every vaccine debate.  "Oh, you don't believe in vaccines.  You MUST be a Jenny McCarthy fan!"

Jenny McCarthy can piss up a rope and so can you.  My decisions for my child have never been, and never will be, decided by what some actor/actress spouts as truth.

I'm quite sure the majority of the non-vaxing parents also do their own research.  We are not staring at the TV with our mouths agog thinking, "If Jenny says it, it must be true."  Yeesh.

Quoting DuchessScrat:

She's contracted to hop back onto the cover of Playboy again in this July.  That will really make everyone take her seriously.  eye rolling

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Quoting LectioDivina:

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Isn't it sad how many stupid parents just inject their child with whatever is offered without even reading the label?

Sad...

Or the parents that listen to a playboy bunny with her fake autistic kid?

LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 1:18 AM
4 moms liked this
Me too. But I think most ppl don't get it.

Quoting ekralevich:

I love this post!

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LampPost
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 1:57 AM
2 moms liked this
Yeeeaaah!

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Personally, I don't think there should be religious exemptions.  You don't want to vaccinate, fine - send your kid to private school or homeschool him/her.

And since they DO allow religous exemptions, I'd say they should have to be signed by a religious leader.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tattdmom2prncss
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 2:01 AM
2 moms liked this

I had my DD vaccinated, I never fully understood the idea of not getting vaccinations done, I'd appreciate to hear the reasons behind it. No offense or arguement, just curiousity.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN