Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what to you makes a dirty house??

What to you makes a house dirty? i dont consider my house dirty i consider it cluttered. toys and big furniture...but when you walk into someones house..what would you consider "dirty"?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Dirty floors(needing swept/mopped) dirty toilets, dust everywhere, crap (dirty handprints and smudges) on the walls or cabinets, dishes everywhere.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2theboy1994
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Eh, I have a much different standard for others than I do myself. If I walk into someone's house and the floor obviously hasn't been vacuumed in a while, there are dishes and stuff everywhere, clothes thrown about, food left out...I'm going to assume someone has been sick and unable to clean up, lol.

For me, I get anxious if I leave clothes in the dryer, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Dirty dishes, nasty kitchen floor, invaccumed carpet, I have a five month old and 3 teenagers and I keep my house clean, my teenagers clean their bedrooms and vaccume their rooms daily, my 5 month old plays with toys but i pick up after him all the time, I don't like toys scattered all over the place!!!
cat-baloo
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:31 PM

clutter
toys everywhere, clothes not in drawers or hampers, beds unmade, floors that look or feel dirty ( i sweep and mop every day)

dishes in sink or on countertop, or anywhere other than on a table in front of you as you eat or put away nicely where they belong, in a cupboard.
dirty looking appliances, fingerprints on fridges, stove microwave, anything with dried on food on it, kitchen tables with anything other than a vase of flowers or centerpeice on them, unless being used for dining, cup of coffee at laptop whatever. bathrooms that have grungy toilets, there should NEVER be more than a days worth of dust on toilet or vanity, and it grosses me out when people do not clean the part near the floor.

oh i could go on and on ....

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Dust, too many dirty sinks, trash on the floor, trash overflowing, old food out, if the toilet looks dirty then yikes I can't be in your house, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

This post makes me scared to let anyone in my house ever again

RhondaVeggie
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:44 AM
I think it's smell more than looks. If you can smell dishes, greasy dog, bathroom smells, and trash cans then the house is dirty. I know if I come in to a house it can be organized with everything vacuumed and dusted but if there's a funky smell it feels dirty to me. On the flip side, a house that smells fresh and clean but has toys all over the floor doesn't really bother me.
LectioDivina
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Dirt

mommajenn4684
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Dirt filth stink. I hate walking into dust and funk when I walk into someones house. I feel like you should have pride in yourself and your belongings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:46 AM
If it smells , the floors are nasty and the kitchen is nasty
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)