Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flirting Pastor....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

Not too long ago, but awhile back I went with one of my bestfriends to visit her church!! Its a rather small church so alot of the people there kinda know each other pretty well, I think!  We wound up going back to her pastors house (with her uncle, as well) to have lunch that same day! We all had a nice time, her Pastor was cool, seemed like a down to earth guy, I have never met a Pastor that was as cool as he was..most of them would NEVER allow you to get that close to them as far as inviting you to their home.  Anyway, he later asked me to put my number in one of  his cellphones (to add with the others at the church)..so I did and thought nothing of it! We were all eventually going to have Bible study together.  Ok, so to the point of my story>> Later on that day or the next day, he started texting me asking about bible study and when we were gonna make a time and date.  I text back that I didn't know and I would possibly let him know (I was only a visitor and he knew that).  I have been back to church with my friend maybe about 5 times after that.  He continues to text me saying how beautiful I am, and that I am "so fine" and "gorgeous" The other day he sent me a text telling me he wanted me to pay him a visit and that he would love my company to watch movies with him, because he was bored, I didn't respond!! I feel uncomfortable at times, but sometimes I just text him back thank you and that's all!  I haven't told my bff anything and  because I don't want people to think I am trying to come one to him, but I have the text messages to prove it!! Yesterday he sent me a message saying that he was gonna buy me a bluetooth and that I can come over to get it from him, but I didn't respond!!

I feel if I say something to someone, he may lose his career as being a Pastor, but if I tell  him to pretty much leave me alone he may be upset at me and this may cause chaos!  Yes I know I'm grown, but I still feel in a state of  confusion behind all this :(

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Tell him you're a lesbian

Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCG83
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:33 AM
Chaos or not let hI'm know straight out you are not interested and that he is making you uncomfortable. Tell him that if this persists you will be speaking to the church board and/or the police about it. Don't feel bad of he loses his job. If he is going to act like that, he doesn't deserve to be a Pastor in the first place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnnieMcD
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Are you married? Is he? If not, I don't see the problem. Do you know how hard it is for clergymen to find someone to date? Pastors don't have a celibacy vow, if he's single he's allowed to flirt. 

Now, if you've told him you're not interested and he continues then he's just like any other over persistent ass. But his being a pastor doesn't have anything to do with that... 

AlaizabelsMommy
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:36 AM
Lmao.

Do it.

Quoting harpsichord:

Tell him you're a lesbian

Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:37 AM

It seems like you would just tell him to stop if you really wanted him to...Is he married?

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting AnnieMcD:

Are you married? Is he? If not, I don't see the problem. Do you know how hard it is for clergymen to find someone to date? Pastors don't have a celibacy vow, if he's single he's allowed to flirt. 

Now, if you've told him you're not interested and he continues then he's just like any other over persistent ass. But his being a pastor doesn't have anything to do with that... 

That's pretty much what I was gonna say. Unmarried pastors are still human. I'm sure they'd like to date just as much as the rest of us. We usually think of them as already married but they weren't always. They had to date someone first.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:45 AM

I have sent text messages to him telling him to stop and leave me alone, and just when I think he has..he starts up again like a week later, ugh! No neither one of us are married.   That whole church is so judgmental they will probably blame me..so I will just stop attending all together! I was actually seeking  out a church to attend, but seems as though he ruined it for me.  Doesn't mean the messages won't stop,  idk  

Quoting Anonymous:

It seems like you would just tell him to stop if you really wanted him to...Is he married?

AnnieMcD
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:48 AM

Aah, so he's just an ass. In that case I would have his number blocked from your cell phone. The phone company can do that for you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I have sent text messages to him telling him to stop and leave me alone, and just when I think he has..he starts up again like a week later, ugh! No neither one of us are married.   That whole church is so judgmental they will probably blame me..so I will just stop attending all together! I was actually seeking  out a church to attend, but seems as though he ruined it for me.  Doesn't mean the messages won't stop,  idk  

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured