Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confession/Venting...Whatever you want to call it..

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:07 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hello all,

I posted a little venting note in a nother group but came acrossed this group and thought this was perfect for how i am feeling TODAY! So, hubby and i have been ttc for 19 months. And today since my AF has come, I am really battiling depression. I sit back and look at all these girls/women popping out babies , and i instantly become angered. I often question why i have trouble and why i am told it is my weight when many other women 10 times my size can bare a child in an instant? *sigh* We both have children from previous relationship and marriage. And i became a little sad when he talked to his daughter and child's mother today. Because i envy that just 2 years ago she was able to have his child. But i can't ? :( That part makes me even more emotional today for some reason than it ever has. Maybe it's my hormones or just the fact that i started my af today. She acts like having a child with him was such a mistake, but i would love to have a child with my husband. sometimes when we're at dinner, we  just talk about baby names, how we would be as parents if we had a boy or girl....which shifts we would take & how we would prepare for labor. we even watch teen mom, tlc and other birthing shows together...and then we get emotional. :( well, im finished confessing. i just needed to get it off my chest. thanks ladies. xoxo

by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2_3blessings
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:08 PM
:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this
My dh and I tried for almost 3 years before I finally got pregnant. In the same amount of time AT LEAST 5 of my unmarried girl friends had abortions. I understand how you feel, really. Hold on to hope and try hard to not become bitter. I know it's hard, really hard, but the negative vibes you put out are not going to help. Oh, and dr's said I wouldn't be able to get pregnant again after dd. I'm now expecting dd#2.
Emily18234
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe you guys are stressing and trying to hard. The first time we didn't TRY. it happened
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Who told you it's your weight? Your doc? Are you dieting now?
gracieb3
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs mama. I can't tell you anything you don't already know but I will tell you this. "Hindsight is 20/20." I have been there and I even have miscarried more babies than I want to count. What I can tell you is that had any of those pregnancies resulted in births, I would not have the children I have now. Hang in there, don't lose  hope and keep trying but keep it fun because when the baby you are suppose to have is ready to grow, you will get that blessing.  Hugs. 

Abeale22
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Thank you so much!! :')

Abeale22
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Yes, my doctor told me it was my weight. And yes, I am trying to diet it now. 

ElitestJen
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:43 PM
I'm sorry. Infertility is devastating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Your feelings are completely normal! My exdh and I tried for 2 1/2 years, tried everything from fertility treatments to ivf and nothing worked. We're no longer together, but my current SO and I have been together 5 years, he has a daughter with his ex wife. Almost immediately after we started having sex I got pregnant and was thrilled but lost the baby just a few days after I tested positive. After that I went through 3 more miscarriages over a span of 3 years, and finally found the right doctor who tested for the right things during the 4th pregnancy. It was too late for that little one and I lost it as well, but we had already started the necessary treatments just in case. After I lost the 4th baby I had my normal af the next month, and the month after that found out I was pregnant again, my hormone levels were perfect because of the treatments we started with the 4th pregnancy and DS was able to implant and I had a mostly healthy pregnancy. I know how you feel, and sometimes looking at SO with his daughter made me very sad, there were times I honestly thought about leaving and finding someone who didn't have kids, because I felt like if I couldn't have kids with my SO, I definitely didn't want to spend my whole life reminded that they could have kids with someone else. I felt terrible about that because I love his daughter as my own, but it just isn't the same, she is a great kid, and she loves me too, but I just had thoughts that I couldn't help. I think your feelings are very normal! Hang in there Mama, it'll happen when the time is right! I honestly feel like I appreciate my little boy more because of everything we went through to get him here. I don't plan on trying for anymore because of all that, and that just makes him so much more than special to me, he is my whole life!

Posting anon because this is a confession I really don't want anyone I know to know about me because I do still feel bad about those feelings.

Abeale22
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Your feelings are completely normal! My exdh and I tried for 2 1/2 years, tried everything from fertility treatments to ivf and nothing worked. We're no longer together, but my current SO and I have been together 5 years, he has a daughter with his ex wife. Almost immediately after we started having sex I got pregnant and was thrilled but lost the baby just a few days after I tested positive. After that I went through 3 more miscarriages over a span of 3 years, and finally found the right doctor who tested for the right things during the 4th pregnancy. It was too late for that little one and I lost it as well, but we had already started the necessary treatments just in case. After I lost the 4th baby I had my normal af the next month, and the month after that found out I was pregnant again, my hormone levels were perfect because of the treatments we started with the 4th pregnancy and DS was able to implant and I had a mostly healthy pregnancy. I know how you feel, and sometimes looking at SO with his daughter made me very sad, there were times I honestly thought about leaving and finding someone who didn't have kids, because I felt like if I couldn't have kids with my SO, I definitely didn't want to spend my whole life reminded that they could have kids with someone else. I felt terrible about that because I love his daughter as my own, but it just isn't the same, she is a great kid, and she loves me too, but I just had thoughts that I couldn't help. I think your feelings are very normal! Hang in there Mama, it'll happen when the time is right! I honestly feel like I appreciate my little boy more because of everything we went through to get him here. I don't plan on trying for anymore because of all that, and that just makes him so much more than special to me, he is my whole life!

Posting anon because this is a confession I really don't want anyone I know to know about me because I do still feel bad about those feelings. 

Your feelings are normal. Just as you told me! But everything you just expressed is everything that I feel currently. I love his little girl, he loves my 2 babies as his own. But at times i get so frustrated, sad or fed up to see that it was just so easy before...but now-it's like pulling teeth. :(  He used to become so defensive when i would whine about his baby and the mother or about other women who i see that are pregnant...But now he is beginning to understand & becomes more involved in a lot of the things i pay attention to while trying to become pregnant. I just hope that this painful journey will be over soon. Because we are just so ready to experience the joy together in addition to the other great things that have happened this year such a marriage, new house, car , jobs etc... Thank you for replying and sharing your story. It truly means a lot and helps the healing process. *hugs* xoxo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)