Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm on PA but really want another baby :(.......*EDIT*

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 9:57 AM
  • 130 Replies

I know I know your all ready to strangle me but it's true. Just because I'm on PA doesn't mean my urge to have another baby stops. I have one child and tried to get them to tie my tubes and they wouldn't. I just wanted them to take the option away from me so I wouldn't have to fight this temptation. I cry all the time thinking how much I really want another baby. My fingers are crossed that next year we will be off PA 100% and then we can TTC with no guilt. That is if I can convince my DH because we were just fine up till my son was born then due to all the crazy economy stuff he got laid off, we had to move in with the in-laws, and be on PA. He is so scared from this experience that no matter how much he will be making he feels like it can just end and we will be back where we started. My DH does have a great job and has been with the company 3 years with one promotion. He will be getting another promotion at the beginning of next year. He feels like even though his job is secure he can still lose it because we live in a right to work state. If he runs into a higher up that don't like him (or any other thing) he can just be fired. I understand his fears and feel so bad for still wanting another baby but I can't make these feelings go away. We are looking into getting him a vasectomy but with no insurance we are looking at $800 so it would have to wait till we got our tax return.

So yeah that's my confession.............

oop's my bad I had a typo just fixed >_< sorry about that!!!

*EDIT*

Just wanted to list a couple things.....

1. We no longer live with the in-laws we are in our own place and pay our own bills.

2. My DH wants me to be a SAHM for our child.

3. We don't get a lot of PA just a small amount of FS and Medicaid for my son.

4. DH does not get full time hours yet but after his promotion he will be getting 40+ week and we will be off PA 100%

5. I WANT another baby but I know I CANNOT have another one right now. I am not going to have another baby until we can afford it and that may never happen. That's why we are looking into a vasectomy for DH.

6. I will be going back to school once my son starts school full time. He has been slow to talk and need my help so he can catch up. He also still needs to be potty trained. He is 3 1/2 years old.

by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wilesmomma
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Lol at his job is secure because of a right to work state
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhianna1708
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 10:02 AM

The urge doesn't go away, i understand that completely.  We aren't on PA, but we can't afford another baby.  I want one, badly, but it would just screw us financially and I can't see having a baby we can't support.  Hang in there and do what you need to fo to get your family stable and then you can TTC without worry how to support your family once you have another one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 3, 2012 at 10:02 AM
4 moms liked this

It always irritates me when SAHM'son PA talk about how broke they are..yet wont get up and get a damn job. Im sorry, but i'd NEVER watch my DH go through so much financial stress, while i sat back and talked about how i wanted another child.

While having just the WANT for another child isnt wrong, atleast you're smart enough not to act on it until later. BUT you are a mother, you're not handicapped. If you have goals and dreams of a bigger family, its obviously going to take more of a sacrifice then moving in with your aunt. GET UP AND GET A JOB AND START ADDING MONEY TO THE POT! you guys are MARRIED and supposed to be in this TOGETHER. being a SAHM is only a privledge if you can afford it. If not, then GET out there and WORK

talktojonell
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 10:02 AM
2 moms liked this
I say have another baby. Maybe that's just me. A life without cousins and aunts and uncles doesn't seem right to me. For your child.

I know, it's an archaic mindset and there are a lot of only children in the world, many by conscious choice.

Still, for me, the PA part and economic upheavals wouldn't stop me from having a child. Life is always going to be uncertain no matter what you do.

You may struggle more in bad times, but no one will starve.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
art.diva
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Did she say she's not handicapped? I'm not being a smartass.

Quoting Anonymous:

It always irritates me when SAHM'son PA talk about how broke they are..yet wont get up and get a damn job. Im sorry, but i'd NEVER watch my DH go through so much financial stress, while i sat back and talked about how i wanted another child.

While having just the WANT for another child isnt wrong, atleast you're smart enough not to act on it until later. BUT you are a mother, you're not handicapped. If you have goals and dreams of a bigger family, its obviously going to take more of a sacrifice then moving in with your aunt. GET UP AND GET A JOB AND START ADDING MONEY TO THE POT! you guys are MARRIED and supposed to be in this TOGETHER. being a SAHM is only a privledge if you can afford it. If not, then GET out there and WORK

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
princess8228
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Yea thats what you need. Glad i can help pay for that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 3, 2012 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

in MY eyes..

She has Arms..she has Fingers...she can TYPE and she can READ.

She can get a Job doing SOMETHING. Answering phones, receptionary work , cubicle work.

She has Reason. she has Common sense.

She can do SOMETHING

Quoting art.diva:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 3, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Don't have kids you can't afford us tax payers need a break. What are you doing to help us NOTHING we are supporting you.
pinkjimmies06
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Agreed anon. If you can type out all your worries and be on CM and take care of your kid, your not that handicapped that you cannot do a desk job. Unless you have some documented mental health issue that warrants you SSI.
Quoting Anonymous:

in MY eyes..

She can get a Job doing SOMETHING. Answering phones, receptionary work , cubicle work.

She can do SOMETHING

Quoting art.diva:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JadedFaerie
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Anon, go jump in front of a bus.

For some women working is not an option, they want to spend time with there children, and keep a home, which, is actually, a job, it's called Home Making. Get the stick out of your ass.

Quoting Anonymous:

in MY eyes..

She can do SOMETHING

Quoting art.diva:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)