Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Quick question for those who know about law, arrests, jail time, etc. *edit with reason*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

If someone was arrested for "criminal trespassing" about how long would they stay in jail before they were released and a hearing date was set?

*ETA*

The reason I'm asking is because my dad got arrested for that and he's going to be in jail for a couple months if not longer before a hearing is set. (he lives in central Alabama if that helps any)

It just seems strange to me that he'd be put in jail for that long just for trespassing. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot more to the story and he got arrested for more than that but he just isn't telling us. (He has a habit of making himself out to be a good guy who just got screwed over, but now that I'm older and paying more attention to things, I wonder how innocent he really is in a lot of those situations)

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 3, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 3, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 3, 2012 at 6:40 PM

bump

heyma4
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 6:41 PM

It depends on a lot of factors. Generally 24-48 hours.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 3, 2012 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like a question for someone's public defender!
cherib82
by Post Killer on Jun. 3, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NiCo86
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Lol held until arraignment, next morning, then released on OR (assuming not a repeat offender or the what not)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 3, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Depends. Have they had prior convictions? They may let them out on their own recognizance. If they do then they set bail. Then someone has to post bail for them to get out. This is maryland though.
specialwingz
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 6:43 PM

It also depends on whether they make bail or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 3, 2012 at 6:46 PM

let's say the only thing the person has on their record is quite a few driving tickets (driving without a license, driving an unregistered vehicle, driving without insurance, etc)

Quoting Anonymous:

Depends. Have they had prior convictions? They may let them out on their own recognizance. If they do then they set bail. Then someone has to post bail for them to get out. This is maryland though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 3, 2012 at 6:46 PM

let's say they didn't make bail

Quoting specialwingz:

It also depends on whether they make bail or not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)