Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I did not feel like putting the kids car seats in the car this morning because it is such a hassle

Posted by   + Show Post

They had a drs appointment this morning first thing. It was raining, and I did not feel like putting their car seats in the car, and the Dr. is only 2 miles up the road. Then I got my head out of my ass and did it anyway. Because while *I* may be a defensive driver, NOT every drive on the road is. There are too many morons out there that do not pay attention to what in the hell they are doing. Especially when it rains. Good thing I got my head out of my ass too because before I even got off my road, some fuck nut pulled out in front of me and almost made me run off the road. I just DO NOT, nor will I EVER see how ANY parent can think that it is OK to NOT have their child in a car seat, AND the PROPER one, if they are supposed to be in one. I dont care HOW far you are going up the road. Get your head out of your ass and do your job and protect your damn children. "Accidents" DO happen.

by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Replies (301-310):
laird6372
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 3:38 AM

We are military and in Japan, and here they don't HAVE to buckle their kids in carseats. They just put them in a regular seat belt and/or hold the children (yes, even babies are held in the front seat!!!). It drives me CRAZY that people would risk the safety of their children!!! Our kids have always been buckled in. There is no reason that the extra minute it'd take should be too much of a hassle for a parent, especially if it could mean life or death for their child.

marinesfeeding babyteen girltoddler boytoddler girl
Proud momma of 4 kids, three of my own and one who didn't grow in my belly but has taken over my heart!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 34 on Jun. 5, 2012 at 4:03 AM
That was a good decision. Congrats on that. My sister and her fiance are dead because some fucking idiot went over a center divider and murdered her in his big SUV and her 2-year old daughter lived to grieve her death. I hate selfish, evil drivers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 34 on Jun. 5, 2012 at 4:09 AM
Btw, my niece survived with traumatic brain injury from a stupid ass fucking driver who killed her mom because he was selfish.
Cher53
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 4:47 AM

I am not linking you anything, just read your posts everything is ole poor you and blah blah blah! God it gets so sickening. Negative everything.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmm link me a post of MINE where I have done nothing but bitch about not having money....

Quoting Cher53:

First of all mouth I am a Nurse as a first responder I don't understand why they allowed it but the child was dying. Do you really think I care what your pathetic self has to say ? hell No your rude and stupid so shut-up. I wouldn't wish this on any body's child and if you think it was so damn easy you dream on. I have compassion, not only because I am a Nurse but because I care. All I see you do is bitch about not having enough money blah blah blah. Get the hell off your high horse lady Jane...

Quoting Anonymous:

Since when do they let someone ride in an ambulance with a critical child whom you are unrelated to? And I call bs that you sat there holding her hand as she died bc they'd be all over her trying to rescusitate her.

Quoting Cher53:

Thank you, this reminds me of a couple years ago we were driving up North towards Canada, there was a car crash and the Mother had been ejected from the car and lay dead in the ditch (No seat-belt) Her daughter lay on the ground with glass all over her crying for Mommy, I didn't have the heart to tell her Mommy was gone, she also had no seat-belt on. I rode to the hospital with her, She asked me my name when I told her she said that was her Mom's name she held my hand and passed-away, I will never forget that day so senseless was both of there deaths....

misslady80013
by Gold Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 4:51 AM
Lol @ fuck nut.

I do agree with your post. Some people are just lazy and shouldn't have beenn blessed with kids they don't want to properly protect and take care of. These babies didn't ask to be here and we all know what may happen when having sex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cher53
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 5:04 AM

Thank you for your post she is so annoying and rude it makes me sick, I really don't know why they let me go with her I am sure the EMT's knew she was going to expire. When I take the time to share something like this and she comes at me like this I just shut-down. That day will live within my heart forever. I love being a nurse and also a first responder if she doesn't know what that means tough I owe her nothing. Again thank you...

Quoting vboatner:

I actually have a friend whom I told several times about her not putting her child in her seat correctly. That it was no better than being without a seat. She was read ended by a one ton(sort of like a dump truck. The child came out or the seat and into the windshield. My friend got charged for child neglect. As much as I wanted to tell her I told you so, I could not bring myself to tell her that. She now has a 4 1/2 year old DS that is still RF in his seat.So sad that she had to lose a child in order to learn a lesson.

Quoting meaghan116:

I live on long island and have many friends in NYC - I had one of them tell me they rode from staten island to Brooklyn with her 6 month old son on her lap - I freaked on her and she said that it's done all the time in taxis - which in NYC is an 100% true point! But after talking to her further she saw the light and purchased her ds a car seat and brings it everywhere now....

If you see anyone you know engaging in this risky behavior ask them their reasoning of why it's ok - and try to show them the other side of the coin - most concerned parents will see the light and change their ways

Cher53
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 5:15 AM

I thank you for your post I don't know what her deal is but she is annoying as hell. I really don't know myself why they let me in there I think the EMT's knew she was going to expire. I am so glad big mouth is being put in her place, everything you see her post is negative and drives me nuts. Honestly she should have to go through a experience like that in order to fully grasp life to the fullest, I know I will never forget it....

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh please, they are gonna be doing EVERYTHING they can to rescusitate her. Not let some random passerby sit there holding her hand. They're not gonna stop attempting to save her, sit back and give up and say "ok stranger, she's a goner...come hold her hand now while she dies"

Quoting vboatner:

I have rode in a vehicle with some one that I was not related to. And if there was nothing they could do for the little girl, they most certainly would just let her die. I used to work in the pedi/ labor and delivery area of our hospital. I have seen many families that just had to sit and watch their loved ones die because there was nothing they can do

for them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Since when do they let someone ride in an ambulance with a critical child whom you are unrelated to? And I call bs that you sat there holding her hand as she died bc they'd be all over her trying to rescusitate her.

Quoting Cher53:

Thank you, this reminds me of a couple years ago we were driving up North towards Canada, there was a car crash and the Mother had been ejected from the car and lay dead in the ditch (No seat-belt) Her daughter lay on the ground with glass all over her crying for Mommy, I didn't have the heart to tell her Mommy was gone, she also had no seat-belt on. I rode to the hospital with her, She asked me my name when I told her she said that was her Mom's name she held my hand and passed-away, I will never forget that day so senseless was both of there deaths....

vboatner
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 7:23 AM
HUGS. I could never imagine any thing like that. People are so selfish these days. It really is sad and pathetic.

Quoting Anonymous:

Btw, my niece survived with traumatic brain injury from a stupid ass fucking driver who killed her mom because he was selfish.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vboatner
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 7:25 AM
So sad. And to think, a PP said children have not really died from not being in car seats. She must live under a rock.

Quoting LLICE:

Last child I saw who wasn't in a carseat was flying out the passenger door in oncoming traffic.  Thank God everyone stopped to help but it was terrifying!  Glad your momma didn't raise no fool, honey! sunglasses mini

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vboatner
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I seem to get that a lot with the duck nut thing. LOL. Never thought it would stick out that much to people. LOL

Quoting misslady80013:

Lol @ fuck nut.

I do agree with your post. Some people are just lazy and shouldn't have beenn blessed with kids they don't want to properly protect and take care of. These babies didn't ask to be here and we all know what may happen when having sex.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)