Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I did not feel like putting the kids car seats in the car this morning because it is such a hassle

Posted by   + Show Post

They had a drs appointment this morning first thing. It was raining, and I did not feel like putting their car seats in the car, and the Dr. is only 2 miles up the road. Then I got my head out of my ass and did it anyway. Because while *I* may be a defensive driver, NOT every drive on the road is. There are too many morons out there that do not pay attention to what in the hell they are doing. Especially when it rains. Good thing I got my head out of my ass too because before I even got off my road, some fuck nut pulled out in front of me and almost made me run off the road. I just DO NOT, nor will I EVER see how ANY parent can think that it is OK to NOT have their child in a car seat, AND the PROPER one, if they are supposed to be in one. I dont care HOW far you are going up the road. Get your head out of your ass and do your job and protect your damn children. "Accidents" DO happen.

by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Replies (41-50):
SpnFulOfSugar
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Agreed. I have three in car seats it's a PITA sometimes but I will do everything in my power to protect them as much as possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Allie_kat1
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM
4 moms liked this
I'm 34 weeks preggo and have a 15 month old and an almost 3yr old. I pretty much never WANT to get them wrestled into their seats in my SUV, cuz its a pain in the butt to do it with my huge belly in the way. However I actually care about my kids safety, so I don't even move my truck around our driveway or yard with the kids in it unless they are properly strapped into their seats. Good to know i'm not the only parent with a brain. Sometimes this site makes me wonder!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Red_Tempest
by Ginny on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
My mom used to be very anti-seatbelt. On December 12,1997, the decision to buckle up really was the difference between life and death. She was two minutes from my Godmothers home, after leaving there with the intention of going to the store. She was not hit by another car...she was hit by a train.

Bone dust from her left elbow covered her door. She broke her collar bone, her left ring finger, her jaw, and 2 ribs. She bruised three ribs, and pulverized her left elbow. The accident left get with a metal plate in her arm, and complete numbness on the left side of her face.

HOWEVER, when they cut her out of her car (a tiny Mazda 626), she WALKED on her own to the ambulance, and was completely coherent throughout the ordeal.

I personally have NEVER (knock on wood) been in any kind of an accident, but because of hers, and many more of people that I know or am related to; I will not put my cart in drive until everyone, NO MATTER where you're sitting is bucked in properly. And of course, that goes for my children as well. I don't take chances with my family's life, nor the lives of those that ride with me.

Op, it's WONDERFUL that you took the "hard" road, and made sure your children were safe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I was in drive through one day and there was a truck in front and she had a carseat in the middle but it was not in there right at all it was moving from side to side and when she turned the corner it would fall over there was a child in the carseat so i wrote down the liicense plate number and called this number 1.800.505.2229 its a hotline for kids not in carseats or in them wrong. i have it saved in my phone and all you need is the licenses plate number your state and area you saw it. all you do is leave a voice mail witn none of your info and they will take care of it. Im glad i put it in my phone

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Yes carseats are a pain in the ass, and I'm glad you actually put them in, but the fact that you actually considered NOT putting them in at one point is just fucked up. Le sigh, some parents.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:24 AM
.... I lmao @ "fuck nut" ..... Never heard that term before- I generally don't like that word thrown around in everyday talk- but I laughed at that sentence- glad he didn't hit you thou!!
Also- isn't it a pain in the arse to change cars & seats when it comes to these big darn things- we have twins and have 3 sets for me-dh-and my mom but when mil takes them - and they don't have latch system- what a bitch!!!
vboatner
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:28 AM

You mean to tell me that you have NEVER considered doing something that you know is not the best idea?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes carseats are a pain in the ass, and I'm glad you actually put them in, but the fact that you actually considered NOT putting them in at one point is just fucked up. Le sigh, some parents.

Rosehawk
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh I was all ready to rip you a new one for being a lazy, irresponsible parent. Then I read all of your post and I've go nothing to say but agree with you about how idiotic so many drivers are.

Good to hear there are still some good drivers on the road. :)

vboatner
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Yeah, he kind of pissed me off. LOL. Yeah, we used to have a car that did not have the latch system. I hated it. I told DH that our next vehicle was going to have latch. *I* think it is easier. And I feel like they are more secure that way too.

Quoting Anonymous:

.... I lmao @ "fuck nut" ..... Never heard that term before- I generally don't like that word thrown around in everyday talk- but I laughed at that sentence- glad he didn't hit you thou!!
Also- isn't it a pain in the arse to change cars & seats when it comes to these big darn things- we have twins and have 3 sets for me-dh-and my mom but when mil takes them - and they don't have latch system- what a bitch!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 4, 2012 at 11:31 AM
2 moms liked this
No never. The thoughts of putting my children in harms way never crosses my mind. IMO, that makes you just as bad as parents that don't use proper seats, make sure they are properly buckled into the car, and into the children's seats itself. It's selfish to think that even putting them in harms way came across your mind, just because you are tired. Safety first dear friend, safety first, always.

Quoting vboatner:

You mean to tell me that you have NEVER considered doing something that you know is not the best idea?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)